ACR brake cooling piping??

Scott5ppg

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own a 2001 ACR anyone know where I can get the brake cooling piping? Parts from the foglight holes to the brakes??

Thanks, Scott

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I think that you will find that the original plans for said kit from Mopar evaporated. Apparently, at track speeds, the air does NOT enter the foglight cut out areas.

Try JonB at Parts Rack...ask about the Cone air duct kit.

OP
OP
S

Scott5ppg

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NO, not racing, would just like to use the fog light holes for something..lol Any recommendations. I will make a track event or driving school next year.

Scott

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then use them for fog lights - truly - that is all they are good for.

The holes for the lights point DIRECTLY at the tire. Trying to use that low pressure area that would require about 6 right angle bends to get to the brakes with NO ROOM is futile.

OP
OP
S

Scott5ppg

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I think I'll just leave it alone. I can't put in lights because than it would not look ACR, so I'll just leave the blank out plates.

Thanks again for the input
Scott

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think that you will find that the original plans for said kit from Mopar evaporated. Apparently, at track speeds, the air does NOT enter the foglight cut out areas.

Try JonB at Parts Rack...ask about the Cone air duct kit.

EXACTLY ! It seems that MoPar simply diplicated an early AutoForm product, and only later found that area is NEGATIVE PRESSURE at track speeds.....no air enters the fog lite nacelle above about 65 mph....it actually ***** !

The Cone Cooling Kit works great.....