acr x headers

mikerae

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i need to get another opinion, i purchased a set of stainless ACR X headers for my 2010final edition, i was told by the builder that they are good to go in and that the PCM needs no adjustment, then i talk to another and he says that the heat will be too high and will melt the plastic in the motor compartment, i contacted the builder and he says i will be OK as long as the shields are put on, he also said that they will run cooler because of the better flow, and that the stock are stainless also. I have suspended install due to this contradicting information. pleas reply if you have knowledge:confused::confused: and can help, thanks

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Plenty of guys run them and their cars have yet to melt to the ground. Whoever told you that is an idiot. Throw some koolsox on your plug wire boots if your concerned.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be fine. I'm not sure about the PCM not being changed though. You may have to get the MOPAR PCM upgrade.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them on my 08 and have had no heat issues for the last 4,000 miles..even in the hot Texas summers. The question about the CEL seems to be up in the air. Some get it, some don't. I upgraded to the performance Mopar ECM which turns off rear O2 sensors. Great headers, you should see about 40-50HP with them on your Gen4.

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You definitely do NOT need a mopar PCM. It's a nice addition and will have some noticeable changes. Decel popping will be completely eliminated although some don't like this. In addition Factory manifolds have no shielding on the Gen4's. The ARH Headers are top notch. I would recommend some AB's Wires with socket shielding.
You will be very happy with this setup. We have installed MANY MANY sets. All with nothing less than perfect results. Hope this helps.

Todd

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62