Adding a track day at VIR to the VOI experience... who's interested?

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Virginia International Raceway is an easy top five American road course destination, and I'd like to spend a track day there either before or after VOI 12 in Charlotte.

It looks like David Murry is holding an event at VIR on Sept. 26, and "Private Testing" is scheduled for Oct. 1 & 2... but perhaps we can share some track time with one of these organizations.

So... who'd be interested in adding a VIR track day to their VOI vacation? Anyone have any contacts at VIR that we could work with?

Rich

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to get a weekend this year for my organization but they were sold out. You'll wanna talk to:
Kevin Massey-Shaw
(434) 822-7700 ext 104
[email protected]

He's super nice and will try and help you out if he has availability. The track is big $$ though

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be absolutely interested! I hope to spend a lot of time at VIR this year. Practice makes perfect.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested for sure....!

They did this VOI in SLC.. We ran the entire Thursday before VOI. Ton of track time.
Problem was that nobody seemed to know about it. The track rats were not happy when they did...

A "real" track day like this would be great because as most of you know, the track events at VOI are toned down
a bit. It will be the first track experience for a lot of people so there's really no other way to do it.....

:eater:

OP
OP
R

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treesnake, that's my hope. I'd like to break out a group of us for an additional day and make our VOI even better. I hope that we'll be able to secure and fill at least one run group. I'll update any progress in this thread...

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treesnake, that's my hope. I'd like to break out a group of us for an additional day and make our VOI even better. I hope that we'll be able to secure and fill at least one run group. I'll update any progress in this thread...

I'm going to trailer my car so going early for a track day wouldn't be a problem. Count me in.....:headbang:

Im sure a lot of other guys would be interested too! Good Luck...

OP
OP
R

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to get a weekend this year for my organization but they were sold out. You'll wanna talk to:
Kevin Massey-Shaw
(434) 822-7700 ext 104
[email protected]

He's super nice and will try and help you out if he has availability. The track is big $$ though

Sent an email a couple of days ago; is he usually pretty responsive?

Thx,

Rich

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a little bit of track experience and would love to join in on this. I do not have a roll cage or anything of that nature in my car, but I'm all about this. If anything special like that is required please let me know.

OP
OP
R

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, it looks like we're out of luck. :mad:

I've spoken with Kevin at VIR, and with Mark Taylor from David Murry Track Days. The October 1/2 private testing days are closed manufacturer's events, we can't get our own run group. The Sept. 26 Murry Track day is run for highly experienced drivers as an all-day open track; there's not a "run group" structure that we could fit into. That said, highly experienced drivers (and/or experienced drivers intimately acquainted with VIR) can still sign up for the David Murry days that precede VOI.

Both Kevin and Mark are willing to work with Viper Club members that would like to visit VIR to spectate; also a good chance that parade laps could be organized. But that will be for someone else to organize; I'm not going to visit VIR just to cruise the loop.

Sorry this didn't come together, guys... there's open space at VIR during VOI, but I didn't want to organize a track day that would compete with any of the "official" events.

Rich

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry this didn't come together, guys... there's open space at VIR during VOI, but I didn't want to organize a track day that would compete with any of the "official" events.

Rich

Interesting that NARRA didn't rent the track during VOI if there was availability like they did last year with Miller.

@ least you tried

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth