Adjusting throttle cable & K&N Filters

Reaction score
For the high flow filters I would check out roe racing. He has some that flow more air than the K&N's. Might as well do the smooth tubes while you are at it
You must be registered for see images

Roe Racing

For adjusting your throttle cables, have a look at the viperclub.org page. Scroll down for the link to "illustrated upgrades" and it has all sorts of usefull information. Here is the link for your problem
throttle cable adj

Good luck!

mayo_pasco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My '96 RT/10 accelerator needs adjustment. At this point I have to depress it halfway to the floor before getting any response. How do I go about adjusting that?

Also, I have heard about the K & N filters but when I look at the viperclub homepage these filters are only for '92-'95 RT/10. Is this correct? If it is are there some other likeworthy alternatives for easy hp increases for '96 RT/10?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The K&N filter fit every year Viper...I just put them on my 2000 GTS. However, it seems that the earlier Viper airboxes had some fitment problems.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes, the 96 RT/10 has two throttle cables...resync. easy as JonB notes, agree changing to smooth tubes with K&N's. Occasionally, the throttle cables are stretched beyond alility to set "resync."...if this is the case, consider calling me for a fix PRIOR to replacing your cables..."fix" takes a couple of minutes, costs about 10 cents. Good luck,

Steve Fess Ind/Ky VCA 317-431-1375

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Matt's right... I put the filters on my '96 RT/10 but had to grind away some of the lip on the inside if the box to get it to close. There is an ilistraded upgrade on this topic on this web site.

Sean '96 McViper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt M, PA:
The K&N filter fit every year Viper...I just put them on my 2000 GTS. However, it seems that the earlier Viper airboxes had some fitment problems.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>