Advice for someone looking for a 2017 GTS

GTS21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of trading up to a Gen 5 from my Gen 2. I have a 2002 RT/10 graphite tan interior with less than 5k miles. Question....I heard these aren't orderable anymore, so I guess I have to find existing stock? I'm not seeing many GTSs for sale, a lot of GTCs. Are there still GTSs around? Finally, there don't seem to be many options when configuring on the Dodge website. No mention of TA, TA2, etc... Are these "packages" no longer available, or don't exist when getting a GTS? Thanks in advance.

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dig through some recent threads, theres talk that an NC dealer bought up all the remaining ones, or that Dodge stopped all orders due to that in order to stop the dealer etc etc etc.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dig through some recent threads, theres talk that an NC dealer bought up all the remaining ones, or that Dodge stopped all orders due to that in order to stop the dealer etc etc etc.

Talon is still here......

You must be registered for see images attach

SANCHOBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i ordered a GTC from viper exchange a couple of months ago(it's on the assembly line now) i added the TA 2.0 "group".the one of one website at the dealer is more specific.

Attachments

• IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 20

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going for the flame suit here......The 1 of 1 was done for the Viper owners to get the car they wanted.....I have no problem if the dealers want to order a few but 135.....come on man (had to get that in:rolleyes:).......totally defeats the purpose of the concierge service, people get left out ordering the last generation, screws over other dealers (who may have one or two car allotment) and ultimately (IMHO) that dealer will have a bunch of vipers that no one wants since they do not have the options they wanted......frankly I would never settle. Get a Viper from Bill.

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 1 of 1 was done for the Viper owners to get the car they wanted...

I would disagree. I think that the 1 of 1 program was done to increase the probability of sales and maximize profit. It looks like the program worked perfectly for the company. They sold all of the allotment.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is good to agree to disagree........how many people did not get to order a Viper because of one dealer? I know the "Big Three" were blindsided by this situation. If the FCA had excess production at the end of the ordering process or advised would be Viper owners of a date to order the vehicle and then open the ordering bank to dealers, I think that would be okay. I think what we will see is the dealer in NC will be stuck with Vipers that do not meet the needs or desires of someone who wants a Viper......kind of like the situation that occurred with Dodge dealers in 2013/2014.

Last edited:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Furthermore, I cannot believe the flooring cost for 135 Vipers....assuming average cost of 135,000 that is a MSRP total of 18,225,000....obviously the number is less but that is a lot of money sitting on a lot. How do you have parking/garage space( buildings) like Woodhouse or Tomball to protect the car.......not my business but interesting none the less.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the dealer's posts online, he sounds like his team made a well informed investment. I hope that it works out for him. Perhaps he sees it as a way to become a go-to Viper dealer when the 2018 or 2019 model comes out.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have a One of One Red ACR here in stock , with 18 Speaker Stereo, red belts and car cover an a list price of just over 128K.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
402-677-5864 cell

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AZTVR, you do know there will be no 2018 or 2019 Vipers.

Oh, but, I read a post by a guy who said that he has a friend who works on the Viper team in Detroit and who says there will be a new Viper announced in 2018. Seriously. No joke intended.

So, there you have it. As reliable as hearing it from NBC Nightly News !

But, maybe he was talking about a 2020 Viper.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NBC, CBS, MSNBC, if you listen to anything those ass wipes say, you also voted for Hilary.

underwl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

I see youre the guy to speak with in regards to puchasing a new viper. What are your thoughts on a 2015? they are listed at new both in california, and one dealer isnt marking it down at all and the other did 15k off. one is a 2013 model and the other is a 2015. I have read several thrreads on here where people were getting 140k vipers for 85k brand new year after realease. do you reccommend me staring at a certain point and if so what should that be? one is 117k no discount and the other is 115k with 15k discount. All is much appreciated from you. thank you.

Larry.