AL/TN Christmas/Year-End Event '09

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:boozer::boozer::santa::santa2::santa5::santa4: :santa6: :frosty::drinker::drinker:

Date: Dec. 11-12th
Place: Pickwick State Park
Pickwick Dam, TN
http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/PickwickLanding/pdf/getaway.pdf (see page 2)

You must mention AL/TN Viper club for reservations.
DEADLINE IS NOV 30. for our block of rooms.

Got reservations at the Catfish Hotel ( The Catfish Hotel ) for Friday( maybe Sat, don't know yet which night for sure) at 6:30pm. I wanted to get a Sat night reservation, but they can't take over 20 in the evening. I asked for an early Sat afternoon seating, but will have to talk to the mgr when she returns next Friday.

Here's an itinerary that may work, weather permitting:

Friday - Dinner at the Lodge (?)
Saturday - Late AM ride through area (battlefield, roads)
Late Lunch somewhere (Catfish Hotel maybe?)
Back to Hotel for craft fair
Dinner at Hotel, night lights, carriage rides

If the weather is good and people want to get out, we could get a good short ride in; otherwise, the lodge is plenty big to sit around and visit.

Will try to piece together something before the end of the week to outline basic weekend highlights, hotel map, info, exact times and itinerary etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friday eve. dinner will be at the Catfish Hotel at 7:00 pm (I think)
Sat eve dinner(buffet)/party/banquet will be at the Lodge at 6:30.

The weather looks to be cold and probably wet. I don't think we'll be doing a cruise so, driving your Viper is at your discretion (ours is staying home). We will be doing some sight seeing though if it's not too bad. Civil war battlefields, shopping, etc.

Anything that changes, we'll send out the updated info.
See y'all this weekend

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry for the late(r) update:

Dinners both night are scheduled for 6:30pm (Friday-Catfish Hotel, Saturday-Lodge). Saturday's lunch is scheduled to be at a local BBQ placed called the Rib Cage...all of our meals are going to be top-notch local flavor. For those arriving Friday, we'll leave around 6:00pm to go to dinner.

The convention center portion of our hotel will be packed for the Crafts Show and the nightly Christmas Lights. There is some remote parking for anyone bringing their car and the battlefield drive (for those going) is a nice (albeit slow) one for the car.