AL/TN June Event

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's time to head to the Mountains again. Here's some of the info we've got so far:

Friday 6th: Meet at 11:00 for lunch at ******* Barrel I-40, exit #373 Campbell station Rd(Farragut) west of K'ville. We'll leave there and drive :drive: the Tail of the Dragon.:naughty::naughty::naughty::burnout::nana: :dance::stick: (you get the idea). Then we'll take some back roads:yay::clap2: to host Hotel(Grand Resort-Pigeon Forge) for check-in.
Dinner: tbd

Sat 7th: Cruise to Clingman's Dome (Highest Point in Tenn.6643 ft) for breathtaking views, pics, oohs and awe's :)
Dinner: tbd

Hotel info:

Grand Resort Hotel and Convention Center
$71.00/night. breakfast buffet is $6.00.
for rooms call: RESERVATIONS USA 1-800-251-4444
rates/rooms are in the name: Dodge Viper Car Club

add'l itinerary will be finalized shortly. But I'm sure it'll include :wow::spin::guitar::stooges::eyecrazy::flowers: :headbang: something for everybody.

See ya soon,
Chip

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 100% there!! Finally an event close to east tn!! Can't wait to run the dragon with the Vipers!!

Chip, will Grand let us park in their front parking lot and have a little car show?

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably. They seem to be real accomodating and "easy" to work with.:2tu: Just got off the phone with Chad. He's got some GA members that want to join us also.:headbang::headbang: Last year we had 15 cars. Who knows how many will show up this year. 20+?:omg:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet! Well I have a few guys in NC that might want to come and there is a 96 GTS B/W here in town that I will try and get to come also.

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either way, we're looking forward to seeing you again! Do you know of any other members down your way that are gonna make it?:cool:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I am the only one down here in LA(Lower Alabama :D) and usually have to go play with the Florida members if I want company. Is it possible to post a link to this thread in the RT/10 discussion or in any of the Florida areas. We just don't get enough traffic for everyone to see what a great weekend this will be.

I am heading up on Thursday and staying thru Sunday. Looking forward to this for sure :2tu:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99 R/T10, are you staying at the Grand Thursday night? I took off Friday and might just head up there on Thursday if there's going to be someone else there.

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't put Thursday in the hotel contract, but I'm pretty sure the rate for that day is $59.00. (for those of you that include Thurs. night in your stay). You might want to let the reservations clerk know.:confused:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I booked it all thru the 1-800 for the Grand. I am only guessing, but I think I got the group rate. And Jmills, yep should be at the hotel between 2 and 4 PM. Bring my boy with me for the weekend. Dinner at the Hotal or do you know of another place to hangout?

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damnit!!! Got denied for Thursday and Friday night off. 2 of my techs are already on vacation that week. :(

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I will be in Gatlinburg until the 7th with my family. Not driving the Viper but would you all be against a member hanging out with you all for a few hours?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either one I suspect. I would like to see the cars meet some other members etc. My sons would love to see some more Vipers too.

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, we tried out the Alamo Steakhouse. (It was new then). It was pretty good...even after the 2 hour wait!:omg: From what I remember, there was plenty of parking in the rear.:dunno:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why God invented sick days. Don't you feel a cough coming on............................ real bad :D:D:D

CRAP!! I forgot to drop you a line a few weeks ago. We were down in Enterprise over the weekend for a family reunion. After making a quick appearance and letting everyone see our 18mo old son, we skipped out and ate at the Mello Mushroom. Then we made a quick decision and went down to Panama City Beach for a few hours. WOW!!! That place has changed so much. I went down there all the time back when I was in my teens. You can barely see the beach from Front Beach rd now. :mad: I'll try to remember to drop you a line the next time we are down that way, to see if you have time to BS for a few. We probably go to Enterprise/New Brockton about 2-3 times a year.

I agree w/'99. You don't look too good. Are you sure you're feelin' O.K.?:hypno::dead::poke::panic:

Tell them you've been snake bit and you can't make it that weekend!

Well, I could tell them I went out with one of Chad's former flames. That right there should entitle me to a 3-4 week of absence. :D

Seriously, though. I'm waiting for the new lab to be up and running in Franklin. I hope to be managing it once everything is set and done, so I've made it a point to come in for all of my scheduled nights. I've only been here for about 2 years, but haven't called out sick once. I blame it on my military background. I never could call in sick when I was serving, so now it's part of my work mentality. :rolaugh:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CRAP!! I forgot to drop you a line a few weeks ago. We were down in Enterprise over the weekend for a family reunion. After making a quick appearance and letting everyone see our 18mo old son, we skipped out and ate at the Mello Mushroom. Then we made a quick decision and went down to Panama City Beach for a few hours. WOW!!! That place has changed so much. I went down there all the time back when I was in my teens. You can barely see the beach from Front Beach rd now. :mad: I'll try to remember to drop you a line the next time we are down that way, to see if you have time to BS for a few. We probably go to Enterprise/New Brockton about 2-3 times a year.

DUDE?! Def. next time drop a PM or call next time. I am one of the biggest BSs around :D:D Mellow Mushroom is a great place to go :2tu: One of th efew places to get pizza AND beer together around these parts :crazy2:.

And yeah, they ruined PC Beach with all the building of condos down there, blocks the view of the views completely. No more "mom and pop" places and completely over built.
Secretly hoping that most of the buildings fall into the water ;)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible to post a link to this thread in the RT/10 discussion or in any of the Florida areas. We just don't get enough traffic for everyone to see what a great weekend this will be.

Done :2tu:

http://forums.viperclub.org/general...-vipers-dragons-tail-*******.html#post2534885

And since this is an open invite, I've posted it up in the Carolinas section!

http://forums.viperclub.org/north-south-carolina/614371-viper-club-event-driving-dragon.html

Got to check my schedule (just found out about this today!), but pretty sure I can make this event!