Alamo Area Council of Car Clubs 12th Annual Scenic Hills Cruise Saturday, Oct. 20

Texas 97 GTS B/W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after relaxing from Viper Days for awhile how about a scenic cruise through North and Northwest
Counties next to Bexar. This is the 2nd drive that AACOCC has every year in October.

The Alamo Area council of Governments (AACOG) has been helping the 11 Counties
surrounding Bexar County for almost 45 years. www.aacog.com

The mission of the Alamo Area Council of Governments (AACOG) is to enhance the quality of life for all residents of the Alamo Region in partnership with elected and appointed officials, funders, community partners and beneficiaries.

AACOG serves the Alamo Area/State Planning Region 18, which covers 12 counties and 11,354 square miles. Comprising the area planning region are Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Medina, and Wilson counties.

Twice a year the Alamo Area Council of Car Clubs (AACOCC) has a classic car cruise. The spring cruise is to the southern counties and the fall cruise is to the northern counties.

I think everyone enjoyed the Spring drive down South and this one will not disappoint either. The towns we could possibly be passing through are Helotes, Camp Verde, Castroville, D'hanis, Hondo, Leakey, Medina, Rio Medina and Utopia. Take a look at your Texas map and see where these towns are. Each of these have been contacted and will have some form of welcome wagon area for us to park and enjoy their town.

We meet at the Bass Pro parking lot on IH 10 at 8:00 AM and get ready to head out around 8:30-9:00.

First stop will be Floore's Country Store in Helotes. They will have grille emblems for us!!!Where we are going to put them I don't know. LOL!! From there I'm sure we can make a lively drive to a few towns before lunch. If there is a town you would like to hit from the list let me know. I will be making a route up and will take any suggestions into consideration.

This is multi-county car club event so there will be Model A's & T's running with the Packards. Jags, Vettes, VW's, Thunderbirds and MG's
will be criss-crossing all these towns so you never know who we will be passing, hehehe.

Anyway, please let me know if you can make the event. I need a car count for the towns to plan with. It helps promote the towns in a way that only a car can. It brings folks in from outside the towns to see all these beautiful creations! This helps bring people together that may not normally see each other much since they are so spread out in these counties and promotes commerce while we are there.

I need a car count by the end of September.

Saturday, October 20. Mark your Calendars!!!

John Weber

Last edited:

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally I get to knock the dust off my Snake. Calendar is marked.

Count me and Susanne in.

Very much enjoyed the last one, John. Thanks for making this second one happen also.

:2tu:

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ..... just two cars?

C'mon, it will be in October - when the weather is just right. This should be awesome.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From John: "First stop will be Floore's Country Store in Helotes. They will have grille emblems for us!!!Where we are going to put them I don't know. LOL!! "

I'm gonna do like they would in Germany and Austria. I'm gonna pin it to my hat. If you don't have a hat, well I guess your driving partner is gonna have to figure out what to do with it.