AMAZING PRICES on new Gen V

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets talik about Vipers and leave it to that. Anyone who wants to buy a Z car go ahead. Long live the Viper.
Oh I do not know about it anymore... Come to think about it, maybe if the made out vaporware new Z06 greatness is taken as an actual fact, the prices on new Viper will be even more attractive? Ugh, cough, the new Z06 is the best car ever!!!:2tu:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lost, hmmm. Says you or can produce some actual figures? Are they verified by anyone or is this another belief based on assurance? Feel free to post them, just make sure which level of new Z06 those figures apply to:2tu: Do you have the ring time for the base Stingray? If my memory does not fail, it was tested at the ring in September and October. Go on, disclose some actual facts, who knows, maybe I'll warm up to that new Z06, as it is, I am ice cold after seeing the base car several times.:rolleyes: Are you sure that all of the "superior" figures come from the same Z06? Curious which ground effects level is the jack of all trades. LOL
Not in a million years would i EVER post an actual figure on a protype (.I didnt do it for the FGT ,the old Z06 ,the old ZR-1 the Shelby Supersnake or ANY Ford SVT Product. for the last 20 years)If you DOUBT my source my i suggest you PM PAST VCA PRES Joe Houss and ask Joe how CREDIABLE my source is .Look at it this way HOW could i test drive a Ford GT (PROTOTYPE) a year before it came out

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not in a million years would i EVER post an actual figure on a protype (.I didnt do it for the FGT ,the old Z06 ,the old ZR-1 the Shelby Supersnake or ANY Ford SVT Product. for the last 20 years)If you DOUBT my source my i suggest you PM PAST VCA PRES Joe Houss and ask Joe how CREDIABLE my source is .Look at it this way HOW could i test drive a Ford GT (PROTOTYPE) a year before it came out
LOL, k... I guess I lost then based on a "credible rumour". :rolleyes: Apparently you heard it through the (automotive) grapevine. :D Now, I think until someone can substantiate the rumours, why not enjoy the well documented Viper and its finally very affordable and reasonable pricing instead, keeping rumours and speculations where they rightfully belong?:2tu:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, k... I guess I lost then based on a "credible rumour". :rolleyes: Apparently you heard it through the (automotive) grapevine. :D Now, I think until someone can substantiate the rumours, why not enjoy the well documented Viper and its finally very affordable and reasonable pricing instead, keeping rumours and speculations where they rightfully belong?:2tu:
I understand, one factor you should always keep in mind is that we are talking about a superchaged motor that has passed in house in house driveability and reliability to over 800 hp.In doing so its basically up to Chevy what level of horsepower they want it certifyed and released to the public at .The FGT Prototype test i was involved durability and performance at different horsepower levels( John Coletti had an approx horsepower level he felt comfortable at The motor had passed reliability and driveability tests from 450- 600 hp and was released at 500 for a number of reasons

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand, one factor you should always keep in mind is that we are talking about a superchaged motor that has passed in house in house driveability and reliability to over 800 hp.In doing so its basically up to Chevy what level of horsepower they want it certifyed and released to the public at .The FGT Prototype test i was involved durability and performance at different horsepower levels( John Coletti had an approx horsepower level he felt comfortable at The motor had passed reliability and driveability tests from 450- 600 hp and was released at 500 for a number of reasons
PS if you dont want to PM Joes Houss theres a picture of John Coletti wearing my business partners Super Bowl Ring in Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford during the prototype testing

purenxs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so now that were back on topic. lets see these amazing deals. :D

Not amazing, but nice deal at Fresno CDJR, an Orange TA for $113,865 (GG & Destination included)! So 6,615 off of MSRP is pretty good for a TA.:)

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not amazing, but nice deal at Fresno CDJR, an Orange TA for $113,865 (GG & Destination included)! So 6,615 off of MSRP is pretty good for a TA.:)
FREMONT not Fresno, unless you are trying to sabotage the sales:nono:

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DI can be a big PIA for tuning, considering that claimed SIX MILLION hours of Krigian analyses Tadge was bragging about a while ago. The advantages the Viper will have over any C7 permutation is the lower weight, multiport injection and of course real VVT and absence of that pathetic AFM. Between the lower pricing and performance advantages, it should be no brainer to go with the Viper. Come to think about it, I may just do a little write up about it (I am torn about it though since I want the pricing of Viper to become even more attractive).

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS.

Thanks for the heads up and insider information. Appreciate your protection of your sources. Especially like the idea that the engine is capable of significantly more hp than it may be released with.

Believe the VIper and Vette are going to be head to head for track supremacy for many years to come.

As a side question…does anyone know why the new Vette weighs more than the previous model. It has aluminum frame, new engine, some carbon fiber, and every gram must earn its weight advertising, and yet comes in significantly heavier than the C6. (serious answers only please)

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS.

Thanks for the heads up and insider information. Appreciate your protection of your sources. Especially like the idea that the engine is capable of significantly more hp than it may be released with.

Believe the VIper and Vette are going to be head to head for track supremacy for many years to come.

As a side question…does anyone know why the new Vette weighs more than the previous model. It has aluminum frame, new engine, some carbon fiber, and every gram must earn its weight advertising, and yet comes in significantly heavier than the C6. (serious answers only please)
http://www.slashgear.com/corvette-c...pounds-technology-not-feather-light-02280316/

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a little perspective and context. The starting price for the 2014 Camero Z28 is $75,000.00. The SRT Viper is a bargain and at the fire sale prices above, it is a steal.
$75,000?!?! Clearly I need to keep reading my magazines. WHAT THE HECK IS GM THINKING? Guess another heavy discounted car is coming!

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will certainly be interesting to keep an eye on. Took a page right from the ACR book offering the car without a/c AND it has flying car mode, that alone should be worth another 20k. I personally think they will sell them but thats just a guess.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without reading through this whole thread... what is the lowest price advertised and the lowest price sold for any GenV new or used at this point ?

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow 22 Viper at Roanoke, IL. They must have some awesome flooring terms.
http://www.romocoinc.com/new-invent...del=SRT+Viper&SBbodystyle=clear&SBprice=clear

I was just at Roanoke today and they have a great inventory of new and used Vipers on hand. I saw a couple Black TA's, four White TA's and a hand full of Orange TA's as well as an assortment of SRT and GTS models. John does a great job working with his customers to make sure they get the car they want and supports them after the sale. Highly recomended!

purenxs

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a chance these discounts will last once the old inventory gets sold. Some dealers are probably panicing because Viper sales are slow and they think sales are going to dealers offering the biggest discounts. Well, are they selling like hot cakes at $35k off? I have a feeling they aren't, time of year isn't helping, and maybe some buyers are unquestionably sitting back waiting to capitalize on the panic. As prices firm up, selection dwindles and the snow melts buyers will hopefully get off their couch and buy their new Vipers. I don't see them finding a better value unless Porsche or others have a 1/2 price or 2 for 1 sales event. We're unlikely to ever see anywhere near this kind of inventory at dealers again, and perhaps a lot fewer SRT or Viper dealers. It'll be back to special ordering at MSRP, or negotiating a small discount if you're lucky.

Corvette Nation is outraged because the mid-year price increase on the base C7 just went up $2k, and Z51 even more. The 2015's will go up even more, and the Z06 is certain to be much, much more expensive. The 991 Turbo S is $218,000 in Canada now, and even the M3 and 4 is above $100k now. The toys are getting a lot pricey, and while everybody was busy ******** for the last 12 months the Viper became the bargain of the millennium.

Is it time for serious buyers to buy yet or what?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am truly torn to be honest, with this pricing it is very tempting but in the last week I have seen 4 Sub $105K GTSs, so although eager to purchase, I am not sure if this is where the pricing will stop. But then on other token, I do not want to miss out like I did in 06. Time will tell. With almost 300 still new SRT & GTS models available on Autotrader, I think most are going to have to drop to this level or a smidge under in order to move these cars.

habeb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a chance these discounts will last once the old inventory gets sold. Some dealers are probably panicing because Viper sales are slow and they think sales are going to dealers offering the biggest discounts. Well, are they selling like hot cakes at $35k off? I have a feeling they aren't, time of year isn't helping, and maybe some buyers are unquestionably sitting back waiting to capitalize on the panic. As prices firm up, selection dwindles and the snow melts buyers will hopefully get off their couch and buy their new Vipers. I don't see them finding a better value unless Porsche or others have a 1/2 price or 2 for 1 sales event. We're unlikely to ever see anywhere near this kind of inventory at dealers again, and perhaps a lot fewer SRT or Viper dealers. It'll be back to special ordering at MSRP, or negotiating a small discount if you're lucky.

Corvette Nation is outraged because the mid-year price increase on the base C7 just went up $2k, and Z51 even more. The 2015's will go up even more, and the Z06 is certain to be much, much more expensive. The 991 Turbo S is $218,000 in Canada now, and even the M3 and 4 is above $100k now. The toys are getting a lot pricey, and while everybody was busy ******** for the last 12 months the Viper became the bargain of the millennium.

Is it time for serious buyers to buy yet or what?

There are still new 2013 LE's sitting. At some point the flooring cost and capital ******* will continue to apply additional pressure to the dealers to price them down even further. $95k for 2013 GTS in another month isn't far off.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are still new 2013 LE's sitting. At some point the flooring cost and capital ******* will continue to apply additional pressure to the dealers to price them down even further. $95k for 2013 GTS in another month isn't far off.

Good weather is coming, and demand with it. Dealers may not be as worried as some would like to think. They've hung onto them through the winter and will expect to sell them when the sun shines. Vipers weren't even proven by positive reviews to be winners until going into winter when demand had already seasonally dropped off. That didn't stop TA buyers over the winter because of their limited production. A limited availability of 300 cars across the country in all models, launch, limited edition, and color/stripe combinations at stupid low prices does not in any way sound like a lot of cars to go around. How many are the super desirable blue and white Launch Editions for instance? Could be three covered in dust in California but guys elsewhere might prefer to buy locally. Will he buy one of 75 black or white cars instead for instance, and once a couple of the remaining LE's are sold will the big discount disappear as well, with big discounts remaining only on the seriously slow model/color/optioned combos? Will greed leave many empty handed and kicking themselves? The sales turn around could come a lot faster than you think, and once it's on the increased activity will drive prices back up somewhat.

What was Dirty Harry's famous line again, "Do you feel lucky punk...well do you?" I haven't noticed any Gen V owners kicking themselves for paying close to MSRP, but I just know there's going to be a bunch of non-owners singing the blues. My advice...don't wait for the sun to shine or you may already be too late.

Rant over

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice spin Bruce but if you think a sudden demand on Gen 5's is going to force prices back up you're delusional.
Once you start discounting heavily there's no going back. Informed consumers know it.

Edit: With the 2015 "refresh" a certainty that should REALLY help sell existing cars. Not.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130130/carnews/130139998

Last edited by a moderator:

habeb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice spin Bruce but if you think a sudden demand on Gen 5's is going to force prices back up you're delusional.
Once you start discounting heavily there's no going back. Informed consumers know it.

I agree with Bruce's perspective that the weather change will improve sales, but not to the degree that pricing would be impacted to the upside. There's just too much inventory around and not enough buyers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62