And so it begins *** DEALER MARKUP***

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh sooooo close ... LOL .....has the market spoken? The dealer should have taken it....

No_Sale.PNG

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go ahead and keep trying to make logical sense.....it doesn't work on this forum. :smirk:

I agree with what you're saying, it just appears that the Viper should not be subject to supply and demand like everything else in the free world :dunno:

It cracks me up that many dealers have mark ups on plain old Jeeps, Mini Vans, etc and nobody is busting balls over it....for some reason a rare, new, awesome, cool and desirable car should not be marked up.....who would have ever thought that??

If you average the price of every Gen 5 sold for the first 12 months, I'm guessing the out the door price with tax and license will be around $135k to $140k. So that is out of the reach of 95% of the people that want a Viper....even without markup. At $150k or more, you're looking at possible a $165K plus car out the door depending on where you live.

Cheers,
George

A pillar of the free market is access to information for an informed buyer. Exposing the stealerships and separating them from dealerships, is important.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey folks ....Bring your wife down to a local Dodge dealer for a great price on a Viper... we'll dicker....

....What did you think this thread was going to go away?

You must be registered for see images

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The LEs are beautiful cars but it will be interesting to see at what price they will be sold. I frankly would not be surprised if some sell below sticker......no more 2013s and the 2014s are coming out in what?......six months. God, I hate so say this but having vipers for twenty years, the Generation V car may be my last one. I am going to keep my ACR. I may have to wait for the next ACR and call it quits. :(

P.S. I am not touching Newport's post above and am not going there at all.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4