Annual Meeting at Dave and Buster's Jan 20th

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone! We're going to have our annual membership meeting at Dave and Buster's in Earth City on January 20th at 7pm. I'm going to get there around 6pm to hold tables since they wouldn't take a reservation. If you'd like to join me early, happy hour just happens to go till 7pm, so feel free to come early! The club will order food all evening long, so if you can't get there until 7pm when the meeting starts, you can come hungry and you won't be missing out on any "official" business.

D&B's is located at 13857 Riverport Drive St. Louis , MO 63043 314-209-8015 and if you need more specific directions, here is their website: Dave & Buster’s – Eat, Drink, Play – Official Site

OP
OP
R

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a great meeting a discussed a lot of new ideas including a new gift for the Make-A-Wish children this year as well as doing a poker run, a progressive dinner, and of course lots of car shows, cruises, and track time. We'll keep you posted!

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randy
It was unanimous... Everyone voted to send me $100...cash. This money will be used for....."Viper Events" and stuff...

Please send your money ASAP. first 50 people get....a keychain, yeah,.. a keychain...

:dj:

OP
OP
R

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Below are some dates for events that are on the calendar for 2009. I intentionally didn't fill in events for specific months as we have done in the past (ie. Dyno day in March or Wine Cruise in September) because I wanted to leave plenty of open spaces for your ideas and input, and not feel locked into a particular event because "we've always done it that way". With that being said, we had a really good discussion on some great ideas you came up with. New ideas, or ones that we haven't done for a couple years, included a poker run, house tour cruise (kinda like a progressive dinner but not that formal), a trip to CAAP in Detroit, a Route 66 cruise, Go-Carts at the Mills, more Sunday events, monthly meetings (set up a particular day ie. 2nd Wed or Fri each month), Eureka fireworks on July 4th, renting out the 1/4 mile track at Gateway, Monster MOPAR weekend at Gateway.. and of course lots of car shows and cruises!

We also had a discussion on what to do with the club auction previously held at the Holiday Party. Historically, the auction has been a great revenue generator for the club. However, I feel it should be changed to another venue, as it seems like more of an interruption to the party. What was not decided upon was whether to move it to another event, have the auction as it's own event, or nix the auction idea altogether. I would appreciate you thoughts on this especially.

If you notice on the calendar, the Make-A-Wish event this year has been moved up to April, where this has normally been a late summer event. Not only has the date changed, but Dave Naeger came up with a great idea this year to let the Make-A-Wish children actually assemble a Ride MakerZ Viper themselves. We will have a lot more details on that later, but I hope you feel as I do that we need to continue to support or club's primary charity. I think the Ride MakerZ car assembly is a new and innovated way to do that this year.

As always, I look forward to hearing from you and please let me know what event/ideas interest you the most, epsecially if you couldn't make the meeting and had an idea to share. Even more so, let me know if you'd like to help host an event or cruise. You come up with the idea and I'll help plan and promote it to the club. It's really that simple. Remember it's YOUR club, so let's make the most of it with the best and most passionate car owners on the planet; the DODGE VIPER owners!

2009 Events calendar

Jan 20th Annual Membership Meeting (TBA)
Feb 1st Super Bowl Party 4:30pm (at the Kneemueller's)
March 21st Lunch Party and Wildhorse Creek Cruise
April 26th Make-a-Wish at Queeny Park 11am-2pm
May 16-17th Vipers at Lake of the Ozarks with KC VCA
June TBA Viper/Ferrari party at Wedel’s
Dec 5th Holiday Party at Wedel’s at 3pm

Track Events:
Viper Days is now NARRA (North American Road Racing Assn) www.narra.com
Sat. April 11th: Safety Training at GIR (good event for all to attend)
Sat. April 25th: SCCA PDX full day at the track
Sat. Aug 22nd: SCCA PDX full day #2
Wed. May 13th: I believe all Wed. events are 3pm until sunset
Wed June 10th Wed. July 8th