another question throttle body size gen1 and gen2

mrbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would like to know the throttle body size of a gen1 and a gen2 opening size and exit size [ tappered back ] thanks to all

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've modified around 30+ GenI TB's - I don't do it anymore - don't have access to a machine shop anymore - different line of work now

GenI TB openings is about 58mm and chokes down to 56mm

GenII TB openings are pretty much a straight bore of 62mm. That's just about the most you can fit in the stock breathers (2.5 Smooth tubes)

If you go to a Accufab 65mm or 70 mm (Depending on your Gen) you have to go to 3" tubes and modify your airbox or change your set up

Oh and you'll have to modify your intake openings - no use getting bigger TB's when your intake is 59mm - You'll see when you bolt them up and crack the throttles open. It will defeat the whole purpose - this mod is not just a bolt on mod

There's some pics in the thread below
http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...ng-gen-i-owners-modified-throttle-bodies.html

Last edited:

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Nice thread!! Nice write up in the link as well!!! Too bad you don't do this any more! I'd give you something to do this winter.

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks and while I can't do it anymore my friend that still works in a machine shop, he might be able to do a few - it's not hard but mostly time consuming because of the set up and different fixtures you have to make. If you have 4 or 5 to do at one time then it's sort of worth it. Anyway if you know any tool & die or machinist and they see the thread they can tell pretty much what I did from the pics and replicate it. If I had a stock Gen1 it would be one of my first mods.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is definitely not the measurements i have on my TBOS in the shop... Wrong information dude :)

I've modified around 30+ GenI TB's - I don't do it anymore - don't have access to a machine shop anymore - different line of work now

GenI TB openings is about 58mm and chokes down to 56mm

GenII TB openings are pretty much a straight bore of 62mm. That's just about the most you can fit in the stock breathers (2.5 Smooth tubes)

If you go to a Accufab 65mm or 70 mm (Depending on your Gen) you have to go to 3" tubes and modify your airbox or change your set up

Oh and you'll have to modify your intake openings - no use getting bigger TB's when your intake is 59mm - You'll see when you bolt them up and crack the throttles open. It will defeat the whole purpose - this mod is not just a bolt on mod

There's some pics in the thread below
http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...ng-gen-i-owners-modified-throttle-bodies.html