Anson 1:12 Scale RT/10 in Red?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the years, I've seen a number of different Anson 1:12 scale RT's, but don't recall ever seeing a red one. Most commom one I remember was white.

If there wasn't a red one, I don't mind painting one as long as its cheap!

Anyone know if there actually was a red one made?:dunno:

Thanks.:headbang:

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
"Do they make a gts in 1/12th?"

I get in an argument over this question all the time!

They didn't officially make the GTS (by Anson/JRL) but there was a handful of prototypes floating around about 5-10 years ago!!

I know 'cause I passed on one....way too expensive at the time!

Now..however ...If anybody has one they want to unload for XMAS cash..pm me! PLEASE! LOL!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a pretty serious collection there. I am not really collecting, though I am always looking for another red RT/10. While they are pretty much all Gen I's, except for the 1:24 McViper (not exactly a Gen II), I continue to look for Gen II's.

The Anson RT is a nice addition, but after all these years, seems they are out of any acceptable price range for me. I may, at some point, look to combine pieces from a 1:18 Gen I RT and a GTS to try to make a Gen II RT. Easy enough to switch wheels and hood (as long as same manufacturer), but have to figure out how to switch to sill covers from side pipes. Certainly easier if one is made somewhere.

I actually think there was a 1:43 scale Gen II in red made, but that too was too expensive as it was only in Europe.:D

Thanks for showing your Anson collection Pittsburgh and thanks for the reference Vipernut!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember Peter, if you swap a GTS hood onto an RT/10 you need to grind away the GTS side emblems ;) If I rediscover my inspiration to continue with the 1:25 gen 2 project I just may investigate the possibility of having a company make molds.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only have one Eagles Race RT, the black one (1:43) as it is the only RT I've ever seen that comes with the softtop on it. Thought about taking it apart and painting it red, but just haven't really gotten into what I need to do. Sometimes, it just isn't worth the work! So, it sits with some of my other smaller red RT's.

FPV-5.4-2006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They make a nice model
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice detail...but, yet another Gen I. I just don't have it in me to spend time taking apart the Bburago blue&white GTS to get the correct hood, wheels and especially the sill covers. Wheels and hood are pretty easy, but the Gen I side pipes are an easy giveaway. Oh, and then there is the interior, especially the dash.

For that kind of time and effort, I would just rather spend it on my "real" RT and get it ready for springtime, as I just don't have that much down time!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave