Any Viper Owners in Beijing, China?

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Viper Owners in Beijing, China?

Heading over there and would like to meet up with anyone if they are there...

Thanks,

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with all the smog problems out there and liking their own industry, i guess a viper would be pretty taxed to death.

i watched a TV programme recently they cant make cars quick enough, something rediculous like 3000 per day are sold in Beijing and the surrounding areas alone

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubt there are many if any Vipers, but perhaps some of those snazy Viper 10 speed bikes!

Oh, and don't lick the toys while you're over there. :eek:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than Japan, a number of Asian countries either have HP restrictions or other taxes (e.g., in Thailand or some such, 4x the cost of the car!) that make it either prohibited or prohibitively expensive to have Vipers.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a lot of misconceptions out there about China. I've been to Shanghai 4 times this year and I've seen just about as many exotic cars on the streets there as I have in LA. I think there are more than 11 Ferrari/Maserati dealerships in China. Import taxes are killer there. I think I see more German cars than anything in Shanghai (even more than Japanese or Chinese cars). Lots and lots of BMWs, but the only Viper I've seen was at the International Auto Show.

Have fun in Beijing!

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, no Vipers in Beijing...I was talking to one of trainees here and they didn't even know what it was...I showed them one of the videos from youtube...now they can't quit talking about it :)

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you seen the Great Wall yet? How about the Forbidden City? They've got it all covered up under renovation for the Olympics. While your at it go get some REAL Peking Duck.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil: Haven't gotten sick yet...but then agian, I was so drugged up with shotes from Pro-Med that things are just bouncing off of me...

GTSnake: Peking duck is something that I will have to try.

I am still in search of a Viper, but have not found one...went and talked to one of the local BMW dealerships that had some higher end BMW's outside...he said in his 7 years of being in Beijing, he had never seen one...even more reason for me to ship my car over here and drive it around for a week for a community service event ;)

Forbidden city is today with Pearl Market and Silk Street. Great Wall is closed due to a biking event...go figure.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, I should have told you. If you want to hire a guide in the Forbidden City go through the gates first before you hire someone because it will be cheaper. You have to pay the gate fare for the guide if you hire them outside the gate. The ones inside have already did one tour that day and remained inside so you don't have to pay their ticket.