Anybody ever make a booster seat?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an Auto Trim Shop order me some of the Suedette gray fabric, from the seat insert, to make a custom booster seat for my wife.
I caught her using one of our house pillows to seat on when she driving the Viper.
Anybody done this? I’m looking for design ideas. I’d like it to look like it belongs and not slide around on her.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you could, please post pictures and if your trim shop is interested in doing more---pricing and contact info. I might be interested in one for my 5' wife. She complains that she hits her head on the plastic harness inserts when I take off.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an Auto Trim Shop order me some of the Suedette gray fabric, from the seat insert, to make a custom booster seat for my wife.
I caught her using one of our house pillows to seat on when she driving the Viper.
Anybody done this? I’m looking for design ideas. I’d like it to look like it belongs and not slide around on her.

Good excuse for not letting her drive. :D

2005 Silver SRT/10

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you could, please post pictures and if your trim shop is interested in doing more---pricing and contact info. I might be interested in one for my 5' wife. She complains that she hits her head on the plastic harness inserts when I take off.

Good excuse for not letting her drive.

She get to drive the Viper as much as she wants and I get to drive....................................

well, you know what I mean.

Neither of us ever goes without :)

2005 Silver SRT/10

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good excuse for not letting her drive.

She get to drive the Viper as much as she wants and I get to drive....................................

well, you know what I mean.

Neither of us ever goes without :)

2005 Silver SRT/10

So when you let her drive, she lets you ride? :D

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their ready to make the custom booster seat and want me to leave the car for them to work on it. :(

I know the guy but not well. After hearing of so many horror stories about people taking customers Vipers for joy rides. I’m giving the need for this booster seat second thoughts. Am I being paranoid?

2005 Silver SRT/10

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, you're being reasonably cautious. Tell him you intend to wait, and then ask him the amount of time with the car he'll need - he'll likely not need it as long if you're going to be around.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you guy are right. I'll tell them I don't have a ride "or life" and don't mind waiting.

When I had my windows tinted on my GTS they tried that "drop the car off and we'll give you a call when it's done" [******]. I laughed at them and said "know thanks, I'll wait". After an hour or so they started warming up to me and telling me all the stories about the other customers cars they run the crap out of. WTH

I think Vipers are just too tempting for people. They may figure they'll never get another chances to drive one so go for it. See what it can doooooooooo!!!!!! Crash.

2005 Silver SRT/10

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gave the wife a boost.

Here's my wife’s booster seat. I think it turned out well. I told the guy to make an extra one and I'd post the pics and info here if anyone else wants one. It cost me like $225 and it's made out of the same Viper faux Suede.

Ricky at Central Auto Trim Co.
WPB, FL 561-686-9611

DSC03173.JPG

DSC03176.JPG

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$225 for that! Crazy.

You should hear what the piece ofass that sits on it cost me :D

They had to buy the fabric custom and the guys a buck fifty on hour. But my wife driving a 515hp convertible Viper acting like she’s a big shot. Priceless :usa:

Steffen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driver and passenger (that he took with to find the noise) both seriously injured, but lucky to survive at all. Tomorrow the insurance battle begins.
After seeing the car like this, i do not want to drive a vert anymore, will order a coupe as soon as i get payment confirmed. Just all mods were finished and now have to start again :(

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were they being stupid or were they just driving and lost control? The weather doesnt look so great.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who lets a female drive their Viper? That is insane..........

What makes you think she driving MY Viper?

Maybe I'm driving HER'S :bonker:

See loves the Vipers as much or more than I do, and when the new 08 comes out, she'll be the first one saying let buy one :D It's the "Art of the Deal"

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driver and passenger (that he took with to find the noise) both seriously injured, but lucky to survive at all. Tomorrow the insurance battle begins.
After seeing the car like this, i do not want to drive a vert anymore, will order a coupe as soon as i get payment confirmed. Just all mods were finished and now have to start again :(

Sorry about your car :( Keep us posted.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

See loves the Vipers as much or more than I do, and when the new 08 comes out, she'll be the first one saying let buy one :D It's the "Art of the Deal"

I learned long ago that if you keep your wife happy, include her in your hobbies, and let her tell all her friends how she bought her husband a new viper for his 50th birthday then you will never have any problems. My wife did buy and does own our 2003 viper which she bought for me 3 years ago.

Robbie

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I learned long ago that if you keep your wife happy, include her in your hobbies, and let her tell all her friends how she bought her husband a new viper for his 50th birthday then you will never have any problems. My wife did buy and does own our 2003 viper which she bought for me 3 years ago.

Robbie

Ditto Robbie. Besides, as far as driving pleasure the Viper is still 2nd :nana:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R