anybody shorted the clutch lever?

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this clutch length is becoming annoying, I don't mind to stretch but the driving the car shouldn't be such exercise. Just yesterday I drove my s2k which I still keep and what a joy to shift. What a short clutch and shifts. It has no torque but that's why I got viper :D

I saw that pedal assembly actually have one position opened which (per laws of physics and geometry) might lead to a shorter clutch with a little more press required. Anybody tried to do this?

I actually tried but using only a moderate power I was unable to move the spindle from its position. On the other hand side I could find out that the clutch sensor is 'assembled in Mexico' and some other thing 'made in Korea'. What an american car:)

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote "On the other hand side I could find out that the clutch sensor is 'assembled in Mexico' and some other thing 'made in Korea'. What an american car:)

The Transmission and clutch sensor is made at DC's Quertero plant outside (75 miles) of Mexico City. Many of the dodge truck lines are made in DC Mexico plants. I performed a tour of the Toluca plant where dodge neons and PT Cruisers are assembled. I found their quality control on par with DC standards in the U.S.

OP
OP
M

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the point was not a quality... speaking about the offshoring...

anyway, the point of this thread was not a quality of mexican workers. What to do with that damned clutch? Designed in U.S.A. Or in Mexico too?