Anyone got a good gear installer recommendation?

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys just ordered a set of 3.73's for my gen 3, and need to get them installed ASAP. I called Tomball first but Morgan didn't want to do it unless he was doing the entire rear unit diff and all. Anyways anyone know someone local that can really setup the Dana 44's?

Thanks guys,

Andy Wheeler

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
You could try Latemodel Racecraft. They seem to have their act together.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Appreciate the reply canyon but need someone in Houston to do the install.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pyle Brothers in Baytown otherwise you'll need to send it to Taylor in Dallas. Pyle Bros will do a great job and that is most likely who LMR will recommend

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pyle Brothers in Baytown otherwise you'll need to send it to Taylor in Dallas. Pyle Bros will do a great job and that is most likely who LMR will recommend

Thanks Man!

Wow that's going to be a haul from Conroe. I guess I could always break him in at HRP:)

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey Tim spoke to Pyle in Baytown, and they can do it. I also called LMR but didn't hear back from them. Talked to Bernie as well again today and he suggested Nick at Fastlane. Hopefully Nick can do it over there on 1960. Waiting to hear back from him.

Andy

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Andy,
You might want to check with B & R about their experience at Fastlane. I've heard both good and bad about the shop. I have no personal experience with them other than a few dyno pulls.

Good luck. You'll love the gear change.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Andy,
You might want to check with B & R about their experience at Fastlane. I've heard both good and bad about the shop. I have no personal experience with them other than a few dyno pulls.

Good luck. You'll love the gear change.

Mike,

Thanks man I will pm and email them. Thanks for the info looking forward to getting back out with you guys again.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heading to Pyle Brothers Friday Morning for the install. Thanks guys for your help in this matter. I feel good they will get it done right based on the sheer number of rear ends they rebuild. I did speak with Morgan directly at Tomball again yesterday and he told me he has never actually set one up other than just installing the whole unit. I did appreciate his honesty about the install.

I'll let you guys know how it ends up.

Andy Wheeler:2tu:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Good call. I wouldn't let Fastlane wash my Viper, much less work on it.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good call. I wouldn't let Fastlane wash my Viper, much less work on it.

Exactly the message I was trying to deliver. I pointed
Andy in the direction of someone that had personal experience with the shop. I'm just used to having to be PC all the time at work.:rolaugh::rolaugh:

It's about time for another track weekend!

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I understand the remarks and it is appreciated! Also the body shop called and my Vipair 08 hood was fitted today, and actually fit really well. Can't wait to get everything done.

Exactly the message I was trying to deliver. I pointed
Andy in the direction of someone that had personal experience with the shop. I'm just used to having to be PC all the time at work.:rolaugh::rolaugh:

It's about time for another track weekend!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys just ordered a set of 3.73's for my gen 3, and need to get them installed ASAP. I called Tomball first but Morgan didn't want to do it unless he was doing the entire rear unit diff and all. Anyways anyone know someone local that can really setup the Dana 44's?

Thanks guys,

Andy Wheeler
Its ashame Jim the Viper tech left them and Harold too as they would of done the job, however they do have real good techs there now and Bernie is great to work with also. Since TNT is long out of business I recommend, drum roll please, J. Hennessey. He will get it done right. Now for the "I would not let him touch my Hugo" replys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper