Anyone have a Lift King lift ? I do now. Pics!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anyone have a Lift King lift ?

I don't have one but I am undecided between a sissor lift and KwikLift drive on lifts, 2 & 4 post lifts, home, commercial, car, truck, forklift maintenance lifts I am leaning towards the kwiklift because not only does it allow me to do everything and more that a sissor lift will allow, but with casters the car can easily be pushed to one side while still on the lift. Also it can be disassembled and stored out of the way.

On the other hand the sissor would make for quicker lifting and access.

Also I seem to remember some sissors that go to 70 inches. If so, then you might as well get one that goes as high as possible.

Ultimately I need a 5000 sq ft garage with a restoom and a cot instead of this house.

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Funny you should ask. I was trying to decide between the lift king and the one below also available locally. They also have a group discount if purchasing 2 or more. We could possibly Get together for that if it worked out

Carlift.ca

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would be into that. I have looked hard at the Lift King but not the Car Lift. If you look at their websites, their specs are almost identical except for the lock heights. I have a ways to go before I'm ready as I have new doors with a side drive door opener being done. Then I have a contractor coming to box my ceiling up 15 inches so I can get the car high enough to put another car underneath. If I go look at the Car Lift , I'll let you know.

But I am getting a lift..

BREADMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Steve, If the measurements work or if I can raise the roof in the garage I'm in to buy one too. I will check it out tomorrow and let you know.
I'm pretty sure that I can find some way to make it work though.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL You sound determined. Me too. There are two things that I should have purchased at the same time as my Viper - a lift and a Dewalt Cordless Impact Driver. Got the Dewalt several years ago. The lift will be soon, very soon.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've got the Carlift.ca Fortress.

Wish you guys would've wanted one before I bought mine, could've save a couple bucks. I bought the 240 volt version, which is less common than the 120 volt one(only difference is the compressor), which would explain why the mounting studs were a little too short. An easy fix though. Also the rods that actuate the locks were a little long IMO, although that could have been because I didn't set it up perfectly the first time. Either way, I ended up cutting off about 3/8 of an inch off the longer rods.

Some things I learned from the install:
1) The instructions are OK but have no pictures, meaning you need to figure some of it out as you go. Not brain surgery, but takes a little foresight.

2) It takes longer than they tell you. Took me and a friend over 8 hours, not even washing our hands to eat the pizza.

3) They say 2 people can install it after it's unloaded, but I'd try and get four people. Myself, and a friend my size (6'2" 265lbs) in decent shape nearly had a hernia putting the rail with the ram under it, on.:lmao:

4) Don't over fill the reservoir and put the cap on it before you test it.(What a mess). Wait till you move the lift up and then down to the floor before filling completely.

5) Don't keep pressing on the down lever once the ramp is on the floor, or on the locks. You may loosen the cables enough to jump off the pulleys. Not a big deal but a bit of a hassle.

All these things will be for the most part the same with every lift, as they are all basically the same design.

I've got no complaints about the build quality of the hard parts. All look strong enough to handle the weight it's rated for. Once you look at it in action, I feel way more comfortable under one of these, than jackstands.

The only thing I wonder now is why I waited so long. I have 10 foot walls, and the car goes high enough for me to walk under it standing almost straight up. That being said, I lower the car a couple of feet, so I can sit on my wheeled hydraulic chair and work comfortably.

Definitly worth the purchase price.:2tu:

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve, If the measurements work or if I can raise the roof in the garage I'm in to buy one too. I will check it out tomorrow and let you know.
I'm pretty sure that I can find some way to make it work though.

I'm "boxing" a section of my ceiling to allow the roof of the car to go up into this area. When backed in I will be able to get the lift locked at 56". Of course, a side drive opener and moving the tracks up has to be done.

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought the liftking lift last year. I've had it for two years and it works great. My brother also purchased one and has had it for about 1 year with no issues.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm "boxing" a section of my ceiling to allow the roof of the car to go up into this area. When backed in I will be able to get the lift locked at 56". Of course, a side drive opener and moving the tracks up has to be done.

If you have a double door you will not need the side drive opener.

Breadman,
I measured and I will be able to put both vipers over and under in my garage....8'8" I think. Am not at home but will check when I get back from Grande Prairie.

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have been considering a lift too (Well 2 actually), seems cheaper than upgrading to a new house/garage! lol. I went and looked at the Lift King a couple of weeks ago as the wifes co-worker has one and seems happy with it. The owner of Lift King showed some of the benefits of his lifts such as the welds, the stops, going to have a height limiter soon, the poweder coating, etc. and had an old version of the competition he showed me a sample of.

I have not looked at the competitions yet though, plan on doing that as well. Lift King also offers a build and deliver service at $500 each which I would also consider as these projects never go as planned and to have a few buddies time ******* all day to assist is just not worth it..........unless all of us locals are going to buy one and pick a weekend to help each other? :D

Lift King also has a new retail location in the new Cross Iron Mills Mall in Balzac you can see one at.

Tony2

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's funny how you can never have enough garage space.

Although I have to admit, the yellow bus takes up more than its fair share of real estate.:D

Now with the garage empty, there's quite a bit of room to work.:cool:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a kwiklift for sale PM me if your interested

I don't have one but I am undecided between a sissor lift and KwikLift drive on lifts, 2 & 4 post lifts, home, commercial, car, truck, forklift maintenance lifts I am leaning towards the kwiklift because not only does it allow me to do everything and more that a sissor lift will allow, but with casters the car can easily be pushed to one side while still on the lift. Also it can be disassembled and stored out of the way.

On the other hand the sissor would make for quicker lifting and access.

Also I seem to remember some sissors that go to 70 inches. If so, then you might as well get one that goes as high as possible.

Ultimately I need a 5000 sq ft garage with a restoom and a cot instead of this house.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm also shopping for a lift for my garage. I've looked at a bunch of them online, none in person...yet!

Let me state a couple of things up front...I realize that you live in Canada and CarLift and Lift King are Canadian companies, and I don't presume to know anything about importing/exporting lifts to/from Canada, but I just wanted to pass along my research findings. Your individual needs are also a major deciding factor. I'm looking for a 4-post 9,000ish lb lift and it must fit in my garage :D. My ceiling is 11' 5". I've researched the 4-post 9,000ish lb models for the following companies...

American Custom Lifts
Backyard Buddy
BendPak
CarLift
Complete Hydraulic
Direct-Lift
DoublePark
Lift King
Revolution Lifts

I've read an endless number of threads about lifts and that is where the list above came from. I've not read one post where a particular lift was bashed.

I personally like the Revolution RFP9 4-post lift. It has ANSI/ALI/ETL certification. It's $3,500 (delivery charge is included, but installation is extra) and includes a caster kit, 3 drip trays and a jack tray and it weighs 2,350 lbs. The posts are 7 3/4" x 4 3/4" (3/16" steel). The lift cable is 3/8" steel aircraft cable. I'm no expert, but this lift has large posts, is heavy duty, is well reviewed on the forum and is made by the same family of companies as Rotary, which has a reputation as a very high quality lift company and it's certified.

During my research, I came across the Direct-Lift Pro Park 9 Plus which had the exact same specification as the Revolution RFP9, but was $2,595 (delivery charge not included and installation not included). It includes a caster kit, 4 drip trays and a jack tray. I did some more research and found out that both companies belong under Dover Corporation's Vehicle Service Group umbrella. I called both Revolution and Direct-Lift and both companies confirmed that the Revolution RFP9 and the Direct-Lift Pro Park 9 Plus are in fact made in the same factory and are the same except for their warranties. The Revolution RFP9 has an 18 month parts and 6 months labor warranty while the Direct-Lift Pro Park 9 Plus has a 5 year structural component and a two year hydraulic warranty.

I'm currently leaning towards the Direct-Lift Pro Park 9 Plus lift and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get it unloaded :D...a forklift is required. I'm also researching converting my 7' garage door to a high-lift garage door.

Here is a list of the Automotive Lift Institute's certified lifts:
ALI Cerified Lifts

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the info!

I have the door done, Liftmaster 3800 on and a BIG hole in my ceiling.

It's a frickin mess but it will be awesome when done.
If my plan comes together... 56-57" drive under

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

While the guys was doing the doors Friday I did a test fit of my cardboard clone:rolaugh:
Hey, measure 300 times then cut hole bigger.

This is where it would have been 2 inches above the lock height. Too close for comfort so I'm in the process of making it bigger

You must be registered for see images attach

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, that is a big hole in the ceiling and probably going to get bigger as per the cardboard ACR...now that's a guy that wants a lift real bad :2tu:.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My guess is that you're going to drywall in the new hole in the ceiling...are you going to replace the light fixture or add some new lighting in that hole area...maybe some recessed lights?

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah today was build the new truss structure, box it in and then remove the old; full day event. tomorrow is electrical for lift, lighting etc. Thinking of 2 *** lights in roof of "pocket". Then I get to put back the insulation. Hate that crap.

Needed 8 inches , went up 16 inches. 8 foot square.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Will there be any issues if you decide to sell that house? I know down here in Florida, that would be a killer for most home inspections.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah today was build the new truss structure, box it in and then remove the old; full day event. tomorrow is electrical for lift, lighting etc. Thinking of 2 *** lights in roof of "pocket". Then I get to put back the insulation. Hate that crap.

Needed 8 inches , went up 16 inches. 8 foot square.

You could put flourescent strip lights on the sides of those new vertical walls, would be more light that potlights, and no worries of the heat of the potlights inside the insulation.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeez,
I'm in the process of rebuilding my garage too. They're tearing down my existing shop today and tomorrow and I'm building a completely new one. 11' foot walls with a vaulted ceiling. Next fall I'm planning on the 12000lb LiftKing. I want to lift my Hummer but I'm not sure about getting the ACR up the ramps.......

I need to stop by LiftKigs' new shop and take a look. Hopefully they have a 12000 pound unit on display.

Greg

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"You could put flourescent strip lights on the sides of those new vertical walls, would be more light that potlights, and no worries of the heat of the potlights inside the insulation."

Wow , great minds think alike; exactly what I did last night. I just mounted them on the ceiling not the sides

"I need to stop by LiftKigs' new shop and take a look. Hopefully they have a 12000 pound unit on display"

They have one at their 12th street set up ( at least they did 2 weeks ago) Its just down the street from my office

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Getting closer... gonna have to pick a lift soon:D

Another coat of paint, maple casings and the lighting and voila

Members online