Anyone have a Lift King lift ? I do now. Pics!

Recluse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Anyone have a Lift King lift ?

Nice! The non-believers now believe.

That setup is tighter than a nun's hoo-hoo....

v10Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Nice!
I can honestly say that I have never seen a garage with a trey ceiling before....

When you sell the house just add some crown moulding! :D

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

fireball,

Wouldn't it be kinda of cool for those with 2 post lifts if someone designed some type of runway system so the car could be stored up in the air without the suspension drooping? Has anybody seen an adapter like that already made? Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to make it work.

The Lift Kings look very nice, seems like it's well put together.

Cheers,
George

I was thinking the same thing. That would really be the ideal set-up.

Greg

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the runways sprayed with Line-X and they look great, but I'm currently waiting on parts for my garage door hi-lift conversion. There will be pictures once the garage door has been raised to the ceiling:2tu:.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of my Direct-Lift PP9P and my high-lift garage door conversion...I've got some viper badging for it, but the vinyl can't be applied until the temperature of the lift is at least 50 degrees and it's currently 35 :(. I'll have to wait a few months until it warms up here ;).

Direct-Lift PP9P with viper raised...

You must be registered for see images

Direct-Lift PP9P with viper half-way up...

Direct-Lift PP9P with viper raised from outside...

Direct-Lift PP9P with viper half-way up from outside...

High-lift garage door up from straight back...

High-lift garage door down...

High-lift garage door up...

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY nice Ken, Man you have high ceiling (envious). Don't you like how that Liftmaster works! I like how it slows down at the end of each travel and how the lock goes "thunk" a few seconds after it stops.

Can you take yours right to the top? Looks like it in the pics.

Watch you don't bump those casters and have them fall against your car. I almost did that the other day; gotta find a place to store those things

Nice job

What's going underneath?
My son loves having his car inside and not having to sweep snow, scape windows and plug his car in when its -25
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you take yours right to the top? Looks like it in the pics.

Watch you don't bump those casters and have them fall against your car. I almost did that the other day;

What's going underneath?

The liftmaster is nice...I find myself listening for the thump of the lock to know when it's going up and down :D.

There's a 74" clearance in the pictures and there's one more lock above the one that I use...I can raise it all the way without the viper hitting the ceiling/ceiling light.

I need to move those casters down to the basement...they won't be used again unless something unusual happens.

I can put my 4Runner under there with no problem...other than having to remove the ramps, but I keep it in the other side of the garage. I mostly wanted the lift to store the viper up and out of harms way in the winter and to have some storage space for the snow thrower and other miscellaneous items (otherwise know as junk). I will use it to get some mods done, hopefully this winter. The bottom of the viper is very clean, but I'll probably be able to get it spotless without much effort. I would also like to be able to change my own fluids, but I haven't done that yet.

Having the lift opens up a lot of possibilities :2tu:.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHat is the height of your ceilings?

Here's a few pictures of my Direct-Lift PP9P and my high-lift garage door conversion...I've got some viper badging for it, but the vinyl can't be applied until the temperature of the lift is at least 50 degrees and it's currently 35 :(. I'll have to wait a few months until it warms up here ;).

Direct-Lift PP9P with viper raised...

Direct-Lift PP9P with viper half-way up...

Direct-Lift PP9P with viper raised from outside...

Direct-Lift PP9P with viper half-way up from outside...

High-lift garage door up from straight back...

High-lift garage door down...

High-lift garage door up...

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting a 12000lb Lift King installed on Monday.

I still have a few other things to install - then I'll take some pics and post them here. With the roll door, 12' wall and vaulted ceiling it should be an ideal set-up.

My Lift King will have a sliding jack so that you can lift the car when it's on the lift. This lets you remove wheels to do brake jobs, tire changes, etc.

I've selected the 12000lb unit so I can lift my Hummer and maintain it - which I do A LOT of.

Greg

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Life is good---like your set up BUT I have the aluminum ramps that I can put on and take off, and a lot safer then the ramps hanging up in the air , almost guarantee that you will either run into, comeup from under them or hit them with something....just my $.02

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Life is good---like your set up BUT I have the aluminum ramps that I can put on and take off, and a lot safer then the ramps hanging up in the air , almost guarantee that you will either run into, comeup from under them or hit them with something....just my $.02

I already gashed my head twice :crazy2: on the ramps, so I took them off while the viper is in storage :D. What's the difference with the aluminum ramps...I know that they're lighter, but how much lighter? Any size differences?

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the lift 'badged' yesterday...here are some updated pictures...

Ramps...

Medallions via a very nice friend of mine...

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are some very nice set ups in here.

I am also surprised at the amount of Hummer/Viper owners.

Nick

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Great ! How were the badges done ? I'm trying to figure out why you back onto the lift... Front bumper scrapes ?

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Great ! How were the badges done ? I'm trying to figure out why you back onto the lift... Front bumper scrapes ?

I had the vinyl ones made at a local sign shop. The metal ones were given to me by a friend. I've only driven the viper onto the lift twice...backed on both times. I back all my cars into the garage...I think it looks nicer to have the cars backed in. I need to try pulling the viper onto the lift to make sure that there isn't a clearance issue.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Idea... My next door neighbor has a sign business so I may see what he can do... Although I asked him to print a number 11 on my mailbox plaque 3 weeks ago and still don't have it... I'll ask him again when he brings back all of the tools that he borrowed last year and I'll mention this... He's a corvette guy...lol

I see in the thread that you have a 140" celing which is what I have (139"-141") with the drainage pitch. MY Liftmaster GDO was installed on Tuesday and the lift will be assembled tomorrow so I should have some pics up this weekend. Can't wait to get my daily driver back in... 18" of snow here the other day...

I had the vinyl ones made at a local sign shop. The metal ones were given to me by a friend. I've only driven the viper onto the lift twice...backed on both times. I back all my cars into the garage...I think it looks nicer to have the cars backed in. I need to try pulling the viper onto the lift to make sure that there isn't a clearance issue.

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this boxing in Florida? I have exactly the same situation and I'm dying to put a lift in a 9 ft ceiling garage. Can you do this and still be within code? Any contractors out there?

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone make a lift that would allow a 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan to fit under the Viper while it was on the lift in the garage...again, this would be in Florida.

macombtwp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone make a lift that would allow a 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan to fit under the Viper while it was on the lift in the garage...again, this would be in Florida.

I have a model FP8K-DS lift. It has just over 73 inches of clearance underneath. After removing the crossbars from the roof rack, my 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Sxt fits nicely underneath with an inch to spare. The antenna however does rub under the right side runway, but is flexible enough not to cause a problem. Hope this helps.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey macombtwp...thanks for taking the time to post the photos. Looks like what we need in our Florida home. Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456