Anyone have an idea how much to paint hardtop?

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, in an unfortunate accident, someone tipped over my "double-bubble" style hardtop and it landed on the cement floor of my garage. The nicks on the tops of the two bubbles are down to the fiberglass, so it's going to need to be painted. I have very little experience dealing with body shops, so can anyone give me an idea of what it should cost to repaint it?

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From my experience with good body shops, the cost for the base/clear paints and solvents alone is about $300, so Dr. V's estimate is probably right on the mark.

I used Ferrari and Son Autobody in New Brunswich, NJ for my front fascia re-paint (need it again next year dang-nab-it) because of their vast composite experience, maybe some other Viper owners in the Philly area can give you advice as to shops they trust.

Regards,
Aaron

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine done a few years ago for $300.00. That was the cheapest I could find in this area and it came out fine. Most wanted $400.00-$500.00 for the same job.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
obviously don't just look at price, find a shop in your area that does work on these type of cars or other exotic and have a good reputation. more important than saving a hundred or two is getting it fixed correctly

R

RTED

Had mine painted last year (base coat/clear coat) viper red. The shop I used is known for excelent paint work. To do the job right, the black rubber mouldings on the sides needs to be removed prior to painitng and reinstalled afterwards. Taping the mouldings will not result in a factory finish result. Cost out the door was $300. Paint match and finish were superb! Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS