Anyone Have Experience with 3 piece hardtop from The Viper Store?

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by Randwortman, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Randwortman

Randwortman Viper Owner

I'm thinking about purchasing a hardtop for my '93 RT-10. The Viper Store in Spring Hill, FL sells a three piece unit with a roof scoop that can be dismantled and placed in the trunk. I'm 6'1"so I'm concerned about headroom. It doesn't appear to have a bubble top for extra headroom, but you can lower the seat 1" or 2" if you purchase their lowering kit. They also sell new windows that fit with their top.

The top I am considering is at http://www.theviperstore.com/Pictures_VIper2_Hard_Tops.htm

It looks like a pretty nice setup, but I was wondering if anyone out there has experience with the three part top, the windows, or their lowering kit. Just trying to learn more before dropping several grand.

Thanks.

2. LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood Enthusiast

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Enthusiast

I'm 6'2", around 240lbs, and lowering the seat was absolutely mandatory. I removed the rails altogether and bolted the seat to the floor. I still have to slouch a bit while driving and forget about putting a helmet on. (road course, autox, drag strip) Love the look of it though! (Gen 1 top and car, Gen 2 doors)

[​IMG]

I also picked up the Autoform for race days, also a nice top, plenty of room for my helmet.

[​IMG]

4. Zee

Zee Viper Owner

5. Randwortman

Randwortman Viper Owner

Thanks AndyMac. Based on your comment about lowering the seats to the floor and still being tight, sounds like it's not what I should get, but I sure like the looks of it.

Rand

6. jasontiff

jasontiff Viper Owner

This dude's a baller...2 tops? I think it's because the Canadian dollar is doing so well against the U.S. dollar.

7. AndyMac

AndyMac Enthusiast

Not really, just got a wicked deal on both...

8. Jeff Lemke

Jeff Lemke Viper Owner

Hey, guys. Just to clarify, three piece tops are still being produced, they're just inconsistent on how fast each order is delivered.

9. viper67wife

viper67wife Viper Owner

Victor is 6'1' and has the Lemke top. No issue with it on a street day, but he does have the seat lowered 2 inches to fit his helmet for race days. Let me know if you want pics on our '94.

Diane

10. VYPR BYT 94

VYPR BYT 94 Viper Owner

No worries... 2" seat lowering kit and you will have no problem at all. It's definitely worth it being able to pull over and setup a top in a few minutes when the sky turns for the worst.
    I'm 6'0" and 1" probably would've been fine... I went with 2" just becasue I didn't want to feel closterfobic while driving. I also think its the best looking top for the rt/10s.
    Go for it!
    Mike

11. Sainthitch

Sainthitch Viper Owner

Hi Jeff,

I just sent you an email the other day in regards to the tops. Glad to know your still producing them. I will be putting in an order this month with you. Is it realistic to think that I would have it by say April?