!@*(&@!# Anyone know of some GenI side sills for sale?

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(*&!@#@ Got back from dinner tonight and noticed my exhaust tip and sidesill
got smacked. A perfectly circular dent between the exhaust tip and rear wheel,
looking about what would happen when backing off a dyno, if the wooden plank acting as a spacer between the rollers were to split and drop the car onto the roller....

I think the tip can be replaced easily enough; it's just getting a new tip welded on. But how about the side sill; are those repairable? The dent is perfect smooth; a smooth roller could probably work it out, other than the part where the outlet folds over. Would it be worth claiming this on insurance? I wonder what this would do to my rates...
Anyway, if anyone knows of any available sills, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rubbed a curb in my GTS and put a nice 3' long dent in my side sill. After hearing the prices for a replacement sill ($3000.00+) I just popped it off, took it to my local body shop where they reformed it perfectly and painted it. It's better than new as the paint took care of the small stone chips, and it cost me $300.00. They are aluminum and can be reshaped and fixed.

SHADOW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: !@*(&@!# Anyone know of some GenI side sills for sale?

I really trashed my passenger side sill, they are easy to repair bec. they are aluminum. My guy here in Ct. did an AMAZING job on mine, reconstructed the pod opening, and paint came out perfect. Im sure if you shipped them to his shop he'd do yours. Email me for more info. [email protected]

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have new in the box if interested.

OP
OP
O

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks guys!
Insurance is going to rake me over the coals if I get them to pay for it, so I'm going to see what I can about fixing them. May have to pony up for some new ones; am not looking forward to that....

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are the trashed so bad they can't be repaired?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21