Anyone near Palm Bay, FL?

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There's a Viper for sale in that area and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to go check it out for me. If you're interested just pm me or reply and we can go from there. Thanks.

Finsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back. It's really a pretty clean car. Please note that one of my first jobs over here was performing inspections on the Space Shuttle (Orbiters). So, I'm really picky and have a great eye for very minor flaws.

You must be registered for see images attach

This photo is the reflection off of the front bumper. There are several scratches located under the bumper and one defect in the paint that I tried to capture in the photo shown above. It has no chips or ding, which lead me to believe it's never seen a track. Rating: Excellent

The photo of the back deck is shown above. There's a 1/4 hard bubble in the attached photo. There appear to be several defects that were painted over in this area. The over all quality of this panel I would rate as fair. I would recommend talking to some RT owners to see if the fiberglass work in this area of their cars lacks in quality.

Hood is in excellent shape, with no major defects or chips. Again this helps support that it was probably never raced or driven on the high way very much. There's one spot on the passenger side with minor fiberglass damage, approx 1/4 inch long. There is also a small area located on the drivers side where they polished through the clear coat and paint to expose the fiberglass.

Rim's and tire IMO were the only real draw back. I've had aluminum rims repaired before. The passenger side front rim had trailer or curb rash around the entire dia. All of this I believe is repairable. The passenger side rear has one deep gouge, IMO this gouge will not impact performance, however appearance wise I don't believe it can be entirely blended out. I also noticed that the rear tires were severely dry rotted. For this reason I did not test drive the car. I tried to capture a photo, see above, but it came out blurry.

Defect in paint, right rear quarter panel. Again, approx. 1/4 inch in dia. This defect appears to be in the paint.

The rear window seals are also dry rotting. The Seal has a lot of cracks and probably should be replaced.

The soft top appeared as if it had never been used. For it's age it's in excellent condition.

The interior of the car was in excellent shape. Clean with no sign of excessive wear. Condition Excellent

The original owner added the 3m clear bra strips to minimize road debris from damaging the under side of the rear bumper. It worked, there were no chips in the paint. They also added a strip to minimize chaffing from the soft top. Shown below is a photo of this area. All of the damage in this area appears to be isolated to the 3m product.

Door sag. The passenger side is starting to sag, and the drivers side is sagging.

Break wear appeared a little above normal. IMO, the type of wear I saw indicated a lot of city driving, rotors were not smooth, and and had wear of approx .050-.070".

Engine ran smooth, fluids look great and everything looked extremely well maintained.

Summary, This car over all is in Excellent condition. The minor paint defects are very minor. Vipers are not known for top end quality in paint and finish. It has been extremely well maintained. The chassis and frame were all clean and had no signs of trauma. There was no evidence that the car had ever been repainted. But, that front bumper looked to good to be true. The only draw back would be cost of new tires, fixing the door sagging problem, and if you can't live with the curb rash on the rims. The rear seal on the back window IMO should also be replaced. But, then again I'm picky that way.

Hope this helped.

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Decent miles and a good price would justify some TLC IMO! Depends on what they are asking. Gen I and II's may need some TLC unless they are garage queens...Then they may need alot of TLC possibly from not being driven. :dunno: If I was close, I'd take a look. Should be somebody around to help out. I believe if you call Roe Racing, they could find you somebody in that area since they are down that way. Good Luck!!! :2tu:

OP
OP
J

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks so much to Finsfan for checking it out for me. I couldn't have asked for a better analysis. I never asked for that kind of a detailed report and pics, that was all him.

What do you guys think? Other than the wheels/tires which will cost a pretty penny, are these other issues common and minor? From searching the forum they don't seem like much.

V

Venomiss

The only thing might be pictures underneath and ask if the paperwork for fluids/checkups are there if possible.

Are you buying it? Come on in the waters fine.

Fins did a good job on giving it a look for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets