Anyone not receive their ACR lap timer with their new ACR ********?

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend bought a 2009 ACR back in Feb and has yet to receive his lap timer. He has made several calls with no results. I helped him with the purchase so I have also left 2 unreturned messages with the dealers GM as well.

They have left us with no other recourse than to warn other future buyers that RINGOLD DODGE does not honor their purchase agreements.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry that your friend did not receive his Timer. I think it is made by Motec.

OP
OP
R

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought new. Pictures of the timer were included in the ad. I originally thought the salesman was being a douch. When his manager didn't respond to calls it starts to stink. I will also mention that the sales price agreed upon was actually $250.00 less than he paid. I asked the salesman to throw in a set of floor mats instead of the $250.00 lower price and keep the money left over. Suprise they didn't come either.

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A friend bought a 2009 ACR back in Feb and has yet to receive his lap timer. He has made several calls with no results. I helped him with the purchase so I have also left 2 unreturned messages with the dealers GM as well.

They have left us with no other recourse than to warn other future buyers that RINGOLD DODGE does not honor their purchase agreements.

I am the owner of Ringgold C D J and I have been Trying to get one of these timers for you. I have even called the plant and ask for help. I have not gotten any where. if they are available else where I will personally buy you one myself. We got that car from Tombaw dodge and the timer was not in the car when it got here.

call me toll free at 877-755-1751
Mike

OP
OP
R

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, thank you for responding. I did leave two messages for you personally before taking the low road here. Maybe you could get one from the vendor "AIM" mentioned above. I will call you today as well. You can also contact me via PM.

Reaction score
If you contact Prefix with a VIN number they will tell you if in fact the car was shipped with or without a timer. There were some supply issues and many were not sent. They will make arrangements to get you one if it was not sent with this car. If it was and is missing I bet they can help with the purchase also.

Call me for a phone number if you need one.

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, thank you for responding. I did leave two messages for you personally before taking the low road here. Maybe you could get one from the vendor "AIM" mentioned above. I will call you today as well. You can also contact me via PM.

Yeah, I wish we had not gone this route. this was my daughters senior year and I have been away from the store a lot. I had been asked by the salesman about the timer and had contacted CAAP about the issue they where to get back to me and of course they never did.

I have purchased one online today and I am having it shipped directly to the Doctor.

I think difficulty getting the manufacturer to do the right thing is a far cry from not keeping purchase agreements...

OP
OP
R

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad to see you are getting it done.:2tu: Maybe the term purchase agreement may have been a little harsh. You should understand however that lack of communication with a buyer who is 700 miles away after 4 months of waiting can cause some frustration.

V

Venomiss

If you contact Prefix with a VIN number they will tell you if in fact the car was shipped with or without a timer. There were some supply issues and many were not sent. They will make arrangements to get you one if it was not sent with this car. If it was and is missing I bet they can help with the purchase also.

Call me for a phone number if you need one.

Hopefully this will help other Viper ACR buyers with any problems in the future.