Anyone Try the new Armor All Extreme Shield Wax?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Not for my Viper - as I'm a DIE HARD believer in Pinnacle Souveran - but need some wax for my DD which is dark navy blue in color. I don't get any where near the pleasure waxing the Rover, so something easy and long lasting would be nice. They also say that you don't have to worry about getting it on the plastic trim pieces as it's not supposed to leave a residue??

They have a $10 rebate going and even though I hate going the rebate route - it would minimize the cost if I don't like it.

chesapeake07

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tried and like it. It does come off very easily when removed when almost dry. It's worth a try at that price point.

OP
OP
R

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
So I bought a bottle - I figured bottom line cost was $8 after the rebate - so what the heck. Here are my impressions after using on my Dark Blue Range Rover. I find it hard to call this a wax. Seems to me that something that you just wipe on and wipe off without hazing is hard to call a wax. It also has ZERO cleaning properties to it. If you have a small smudge or dirt spot, no amount of rubbing with this stuff will get it off.

I would liken this stuff more like "Rain-X" for your paint. It does offer a pretty decent shine. Water beads like crazy on the hood. On flat surfaces like the hood, the water repel seems to keep it pretty clean, but on the side panels, the dirt tracks from the water running off are fairly visible. It is crazy easy to apply and take off and the fact that you don't have to be careful around black trim is an added plus.

Would I use it on my Viper - probably not - but it might be interesting to see if you used this as a sealant and then put a nice coat of carnuba wax on top - how things would look and last???

Just my first impressions.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't use ANY product made by Armor All for my daily ******, let alone my Viper. Armor All products, especially interior ones, tend to give great first impressions. Then later it attracts dust and dirt, and eventually dryrots and cracks everything it touches over time. Their interior products are alcohol based and do more damage than good.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like Adam's Quick Sealant.

One thing to remember, waxes/sealants are not cleaning agents and are not designed to remove dirt. You should not be applying a sealant if there is dirt on your paint.

Brent

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't used their wax but it sounds like it's similar to Meguires gold class clear cloat liquid wax which I use on the daily drivers. It's probably not as good as other waxes on the market but it's super easy to apply/remove in short time. It tends to hold up for about 6 months through our winters.

I wouldn't use ANY product made by Armor All for my daily ******, let alone my Viper. Armor All products, especially interior ones, tend to give great first impressions. Then later it attracts dust and dirt, and eventually dryrots and cracks everything it touches over time. Their interior products are alcohol based and do more damage than good.

I'm not certain but I think years ago they changed the formula for Armor All. I'll admit, like you as habit I stay away from anything Armor All

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the Armor All wax works as a dirt/dust repellent, interested in using it on our trucks that get very dusty off road, etc. What does work great is Armor All wheel protectant that repels brake dust and dirt. I'm testing it right now and have it on 4 of our vehicles and am extremely impressed. I'll do a review on it later today or tomorrow...been on the wheels for about 30 days now and am amazed at how clean they are.

Cheers,
George