Anyone using a Dannmar 4 Post Lift ?

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just spoke to an installer that does all brands and said this is as good as all but the most expensive ones... He did one last week and it assembled better than some others...

What's the 2% 1% thing all about?

I like it. I think I can fill up the space below real fast with a Cobra. And 2% back @ Costco plus 1% back on Amex! I'm talking to the wife!

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two of them. I have had them for 3 years and like them just fine. The Viper is lowered so I put a 2 by 10, 4' long under ramp so front and sills clear. I can put 2 Vipers in my 8' 6" garage ceiling. I did have a 10' ceiling in other house and I could put 70 RR(54") and 06 Charger(58") over and under.
Mine came with jack beam, 3 drip trays, and dolley wheels for moving them around. Dolleys came in real handy when I moved.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you be more specific? What did you research or buy?

I got a Rotary Revolution XLT . I paid $4,036.00
My full size Ram fits on just fine. The only 2 lifts i would trust is Rotary and Bend pak. Look at welds, steel thickness,cable placement and design. The way the jack tray fits is a big deal too. If your lift fails you will wish you spent a little more, or your family will.
You must be registered for see images

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typically, I am also a believer that you do get what you pay for.
That said, there has been a ton of praise for the lower priced lifts shared on this forum. I trust the opinions of other users on this forum. Granted, the expectation of usage for me was parking storage and light maint.

I haven't seen, heard or been able to quantify any negative instances ( did search) for this type of usage. Based on the positive feedback shared by members and my own research, I bought a lift that was not made domestically. I looked at all the features/structural areas that 2snakes encourages. And I would second those suggestions. They are all not the same.

I bought the Lift King. I have only had it operational for a few days but I am very pleased with the quality of the delivered product. Their latest version has significant improvements over previous versions I had viewed. It was made in China.

I am not familiar with the Costco lift but if HSSSSSS has used them without issue, that would be high praise as all his stuff is top shelf.

Other than the "not made in the USA" stigma or the "it costs more it must be better" mindset, has there been real issues and failures ???? What were they?

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just spent the last week researching what lift to buy and ended up ordering a Direct Lift Pro Park 9 Plus. Here is what I found out in the last week or so.

Revolution vs Direct Lift vs BendPak

The Rotary Revolution RFP9-9000 and the Direct Lift Pro Park 9 Plus are the identical lifts. The parent company is Dover and both lifts are made in China and are identical. You can go to both websites and download both installation manuals to verify they are the same.

Check out directlift.com and revolutionlift.com for all their head to head specs.

On their websites, directlift lists my unit for $2595.00 and Rotary lists theirs for $3095.00 Because I'm installing this in my place of business, I required it be installed by the local dealer. The local Rotary dealer quoted me $3600.00 plus shipping and installation:omg:. When asked why it's $3095.00 on thier website, he just about fell over. He claims that's pretty much what his cost is...:dunno:

The Directlift dealer also has an contractors licence for the install and insurance. His installers are his employees and the dealer is responsible for the install. Delivery, install and setup is going to cost me $550.00

The same sized Bendpak is also made in China. The dealer selling the unit is out of Southern California and they farm out the installation to sub-contract installers in my area. When asked who is responsible if there is a problem with the installation, Bendpaks dealer said the installer. Hmmm, so some guy with a cell phone and a pickup truck working as a part time installer is going to possibly be around in 6 months?? The Bendpak HD-9XW cost was quoted to me at $2910.00 but did not include the casters, drip plates or jack plate. Both the Directlift and Rotary included these in their purchase price. It was going to be another $600.00 or so for those options from Bendpak.

If I were installing this at my house, I wouldn't be as concerned about having a dealer install it (I would have done it myself). But since I have employees walking around, visitors, etc, I wanted it done by a so-called expert with a long track record in my area. Sort of a CYA issue down the road.

For just basic working on your Viper and storing the car, I don't think you'll go wrong with a Danmar. If you were a body shop or alignment shop going up and down ten times a day, I'd recommend buying the best quality unit you could afford (usually USA made, about 3 times more money when all is said and done).

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the Dannmar is rated at 7,000lbs and the Viper is about half of that... If I average a dozen lift cycles a month it will be a lot... The reviews I have seen are generally positive and in line with the reviews on the more expensive lifts... I'm undecided at this point... If this thing looked like a cheap POS and was getting questionable reviews I would spend the extra money as it will essentially be a part of my house... At this point though, taking into consideration that the installer had good thing to say about it in his unbiased opinion as he installs all brands... I can probably find other things to do with the savings...

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the Dannmar is rated at 7,000lbs and the Viper is about half of that... If I average a dozen lift cycles a month it will be a lot... The reviews I have seen are generally positive and in line with the reviews on the more expensive lifts... I'm undecided at this point... If this thing looked like a cheap POS and was getting questionable reviews I would spend the extra money as it will essentially be a part of my house... At this point though, taking into consideration that the installer had good thing to say about it in his unbiased opinion as he installs all brands... I can probably find other things to do with the savings...

Yep, my thoughts exactly

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Costco has the larger D-7x model for that price with free shipping plus you can't beat their return policy... I remember being in the CS line at Costco watching some guy get a refund on a plasma tv that was almost a year old still working fine... full refund no questions asked... I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myslef.

I'm going with the larger model... The wife's daily driver will be underneath so the more distance between posts the better...

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
didn't catch the free shipping from costco, :2tu: i've heard the same stories with electric toothbrushes, printers, ......

yelogts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had this lift for almost 3 years. I had one problem with the pump and the company sent a new one out in 3 days with out questions. Its been a fine lift for me. This lift is not one I would put in a repair shop, its really for the home owner.

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the D7X for three years now. It has worked quit well.

My source for the lift was Garage Equipment Supply (Garage Equipment Supply - The Automotive Tool and Equipment Superstore is a supplier of automotive lifts, auto lifts, car lifts, car hoists, two post lifts, four post lifts, alignment lifts, along with automotive tools and equipment of all kinds.). I had purchased a BendPax from them also.

They were the best price at the time that I purchased from them. The D7-X was $1989 and that included the caster hit, jack platform and three drip trays. The shipping to my house was free.

Their service was exceptional.

The gauge of the material was the same as the 9 ton cap. BendPak the difference in capacity was the size of the ram. The anti skid surface of the Dannamar was much more aggressive than the BendPax.
You must be registered for see images attach

Not a good picture but you can see the black Dannmar post and the blue BendPax post.

I had posted the web link but I don't know where all that description came from. gesusa.com and put the www. in front.

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A comment about the Rotery Ram or what ever. It is the exact copy of the Dannmar 7X. Many marketers use the same source and have their decal put on it.

As I said in my post I have the BendPax-9WXT and the Dannmar 7X. The Dannmar has the same gauge steel in all parts the same as the BendPax.

The pump is identical. the only difference is the smaller diameter ram in the 7 ton Dannmar than the 9 ton Bend Pax.

The Dannmar came prewired with a 110 pigtail. It can be rewired to 220 as same as the BendPax which must be wired by the owner.

Last edited:

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct, I have 2 direct lifts from greg smith with no problems. However, revolution and indian have commercial lines which are much different (better quality) those are what you see in the dealers/shops around here. My neighbor just got a commercial 2 post from revolution for 4500 installed, it is very nice and solid(but huge), there is no comparing a commercial vs home lift.

Well I just spent the last week researching what lift to buy and ended up ordering a Direct Lift Pro Park 9 Plus. Here is what I found out in the last week or so.

Revolution vs Direct Lift vs BendPak

The Rotary Revolution RFP9-9000 and the Direct Lift Pro Park 9 Plus are the identical lifts. The parent company is Dover and both lifts are made in China and are identical. You can go to both websites and download both installation manuals to verify they are the same.

Check out directlift.com and revolutionlift.com for all their head to head specs.

On their websites, directlift lists my unit for $2595.00 and Rotary lists theirs for $3095.00 Because I'm installing this in my place of business, I required it be installed by the local dealer. The local Rotary dealer quoted me $3600.00 plus shipping and installation:omg:. When asked why it's $3095.00 on thier website, he just about fell over. He claims that's pretty much what his cost is...:dunno:

The Directlift dealer also has an contractors licence for the install and insurance. His installers are his employees and the dealer is responsible for the install. Delivery, install and setup is going to cost me $550.00

The same sized Bendpak is also made in China. The dealer selling the unit is out of Southern California and they farm out the installation to sub-contract installers in my area. When asked who is responsible if there is a problem with the installation, Bendpaks dealer said the installer. Hmmm, so some guy with a cell phone and a pickup truck working as a part time installer is going to possibly be around in 6 months?? The Bendpak HD-9XW cost was quoted to me at $2910.00 but did not include the casters, drip plates or jack plate. Both the Directlift and Rotary included these in their purchase price. It was going to be another $600.00 or so for those options from Bendpak.

If I were installing this at my house, I wouldn't be as concerned about having a dealer install it (I would have done it myself). But since I have employees walking around, visitors, etc, I wanted it done by a so-called expert with a long track record in my area. Sort of a CYA issue down the road.

For just basic working on your Viper and storing the car, I don't think you'll go wrong with a Danmar. If you were a body shop or alignment shop going up and down ten times a day, I'd recommend buying the best quality unit you could afford (usually USA made, about 3 times more money when all is said and done).

Cheers,
George

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21