Anything in the works for the Mid-South Club?

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:dunno: Would be nice to have an event "Centrally Located" so more people would be able to attend. An event in the New Orleans area is ******* the Northern members & an event in the Ark. area is ******* us "Southerners". ? ? ? Heck, hard to please everyone. :crazy2:

BTW, Ronny,Very sorry to hear about your Brother. Still could do a Benefit Show to raise money for the Family ?

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm ready to try & get together with all the guys, last few outings I haven't been able to make it for one thing or another. Is anybody organizing a caravan to the VOI. I know (Bird325 ft. worth) & some more in that area are gonna drive like 4 hrs. a day & make a 2 day trip out of it. I haven't really decided how I want to do it yet (may drive one way & enclose it the other) any other ideas.

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:dunno: Would be nice to have an event "Centrally Located" so more people would be able to attend. An event in the New Orleans area is ******* the Northern members & an event in the Ark. area is ******* us "Southerners". ? ? ? Heck, hard to please everyone. :crazy2:

BTW, Ronny,Very sorry to hear about your Brother. Still could do a Benefit Show to raise money for the Family ?
Hi Henry,
That would be great if we could do that! We really need the help to support his wife and kids he left behind. The funeral took a big chunk of the money we had set aside for him. Please let me know how to get started with this. If you can guide me I will do the leg work. Thanks for your prayers and support!

Also a central event for the Mid-South would be great! Maybe something soon? Keep in touch and we can get the ball rolling. BTW are you going to the Mandeville Seafood Festival car show/cruise in this weekend?

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm ready to try & get together with all the guys, last few outings I haven't been able to make it for one thing or another. Is anybody organizing a caravan to the VOI. I know (Bird325 ft. worth) & some more in that area are gonna drive like 4 hrs. a day & make a 2 day trip out of it. I haven't really decided how I want to do it yet (may drive one way & enclose it the other) any other ideas.
I was hoping to make the trip but looks like I wont be able to. From my experience trailering is the way to go for sure! Just attended the Tail of the Dragon event and thought about driving, thank God I did'nt!! Not worth possibly blowing out tires, cracked windshields, sitting in traffic etc. Trailer up, unload, let loose and have fun, trailer back. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
34th Annual Car Show & Cruise
You must be registered for see images attach

Mandeville Seafood Festival presents its 34th Annual Car Show & Cruise to be held in conjunction with the Seafood Festival on July 6th & 7th at Fontainebleau State Park.

CRUISE NIGHT July 6th, 5pm-10pm at Clarion Inn & Suites in Covington. (truck & Trailer Parking available).

The car show will be held on July 7th 3-7pm at Fontainbleau State Park. Awards at 7:00pm

Awards will be given for:
•Top 25
•People's Choice
•Best of Paint
•Directors Choice
•Best of Show

Every vehicle that registers will receive two tickets to the Mandeville Seafood Festival. Pre-registration is $25 per vehicle. On Site Registration is $30 per vehicle.

There will also be door prizes and giveaways.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't make the Manderville Show. Car still down & had to give birthday party for my 14 yr. old.grandson. Heard there's going to be a Car show @ Zeplur Stadium on Airline this Sat the 14th. Custom Cruiser cruise nite 28th of this month. Hope to have car back together by then.
Ronny,lets get together & I'll toss some ideas around about putting an event together. There's a lot of work & planning that needs to happen to make any type of car event sucessful.( And luck with Mother Nature not raining )

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been way too busy with stuff these last few months and I missed the Ark cruise. I'm ready to have another GTG again soon. Centrally located would be great too!

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:2tu: Traveling up to Shreveport & Ruston area this week, will stop @ Dolph's place & see whats going on or if anything in planning :drive: :burnout:

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't make the Manderville Show. Car still down & had to give birthday party for my 14 yr. old.grandson. Heard there's going to be a Car show @ Zeplur Stadium on Airline this Sat the 14th. Custom Cruiser cruise nite 28th of this month. Hope to have car back together by then.
Ronny,lets get together & I'll toss some ideas around about putting an event together. There's a lot of work & planning that needs to happen to make any type of car event sucessful.( And luck with Mother Nature not raining )
Henry,
Let me know when you have a free moment and maybe we can discuss over dinner with the wives (or not:D) and maybe get the ball rolling?. Just kidding wives are fine! The Mandeville show was not that great from what I saw, think all the rain messed it up. I drove by and only saw about 25 cars. Keep in touch and let me know if you are going to make the show at the stadium and I'll swing by also, sounds like it could be a pretty cool show. Again, I really appreciate your help in getting this up and running, it really means alot to the family:). Talk to ya soon.

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been way too busy with stuff these last few months and I missed the Ark cruise. I'm ready to have another GTG again soon. Centrally located would be great too!
Hey,
Like you I'm ready for an event also! Need to clear my mind. No better way than to drop the top and listen to the rumble of few Vipers hittin the road:headbang:Feel free to contact me and keep in touch, maybe we can get something going soon:drive:

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Dolph Williams is a long time member of the VCA that I met years ago when I owned a 99 ACR. Very knowledgable & knows Vipers & not a bad guy. Makes many events, including the annual get together in N.O. When I pass thru the Ruston area I make him buy me lunch.

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dolph Williams is a long time member of the VCA that I met years ago when I owned a 99 ACR. Very knowledgable & knows Vipers & not a bad guy. Makes many events, including the annual get together in N.O. When I pass thru the Ruston area I make him buy me lunch.
Sounds like a good deal to me! You sure its a business trip:rolaugh: Keep me posted!

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
July 14-15 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Pandemonium Car Show at Lafreniere Park, 3000 Downs Blvd., Metairie, LA 70003.

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every Wednesday Night

Slidell, LA. Cruise Night at Southside Cafe cruise-in starts at 5pm every Wednesday. 3154 Pontchartrain Drive, Slidell, LA. Open Cruise-in... Cars, Bikes, Trucks..... Everyone Welcome.. Happy Hour from 3pm til we close. Info 985-643-3133 www.southsidecafe.net We are looking forward to seeing you at the Southside Café. …...Chris

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Every Wednesday Night

Slidell, LA. Cruise Night at Southside Cafe cruise-in starts at 5pm every Wednesday. 3154 Pontchartrain Drive, Slidell, LA. Open Cruise-in... Cars, Bikes, Trucks..... Everyone Welcome.. Happy Hour from 3pm til we close. Info 985-643-3133 www.southsidecafe.net We are looking forward to seeing you at the Southside Café. …...Chris[/QUOTE

:2tu: Sounds like a great place, unfortunately I'm never in town on Wed's.only Sat's & Sundays. Work *****, but gotta do it. Have fun. :drive:
Hope to have my car back together soon. :crazy2:

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every Wednesday Night

Slidell, LA. Cruise Night at Southside Cafe cruise-in starts at 5pm every Wednesday. 3154 Pontchartrain Drive, Slidell, LA. Open Cruise-in... Cars, Bikes, Trucks..... Everyone Welcome.. Happy Hour from 3pm til we close. Info 985-643-3133 www.southsidecafe.net We are looking forward to seeing you at the Southside Café. …...Chris[/QUOTE

:2tu: Sounds like a great place, unfortunately I'm never in town on Wed's.only Sat's & Sundays. Work *****, but gotta do it. Have fun. :drive:
Hope to have my car back together soon. :crazy2:
Never been to one during the week myself either. May check it out if the weather cooperates!
Sounds like you had some major issues with the car? what happened? Is it being repaired locally?

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Nothing major, the O2 sensors went out, causing it to run badly. Happen once before, about 2 yrs ago. Found out they were too close to the turbo's, heat burning them out. So had to remove exhaust pipes & relocate further down . Also changed fuel filter & air filters, & transmission oil. I always try to do repairs / maint. on my car. Don't trust many people. Vipers aren't that hard to work on.

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The "Metal" of Honor

A Benefit for Louisiana's Wounded War Fighters
and the Surviving Families of Those Killed in Action.

On Saturday, September 22, 2012 from 11AM - 7PM Southside Café and St. Tammany Fire District No. 1 are proud to present "Metal of Honor" - a day of tribute, thanks and fun! Come join us as our community assists Support Our War Heroes, a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization, in their efforts to provide for Louisiana's wounded war fighters and the surviving families of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our great country.

Featuring:

Vintage Fire Trucks, Law Enforcement Vehicles and Military Vehicles

Live Music!

Spotted Dog, Crowe Brothers Band, Trick Band and Witness

And More!!
Silent Auctions, Libations, The 610 Stompers and THE FINEST CARS AND BIKES IN LOUISIANA. It's entertainment for the entire family!

Come meet

CHRIS KYLE, USN

former SEAL Team 3 Member

Author of

"The Autobiography of an American Sniper:

The Story of the Most Lethal Sniper in US Military History"

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dolph is tha' Man! He's the one that helped me when I first got my car, I went to his place (he has 3 Vipers & a cigarette boat with 2 Viper motors in it, not to mention numerous other toys) we put (he mostly) my MGW shifter in & also the smooth tubes & Filters. Gave me all the pointers about the Vipers like how to close the hood, etc... and he just happens to be our Vice President (Mid-South Region)! I only live about 30 miles from him, dang LaViper (I just read this or I would have met up with ya' at Dolph's).

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Dolph is tha' Man! He's the one that helped me when I first got my car, I went to his place (he has 3 Vipers & a cigarette boat with 2 Viper motors in it, not to mention numerous other toys) we put (he mostly) my MGW shifter in & also the smooth tubes & Filters. Gave me all the pointers about the Vipers like how to close the hood, etc... and he just happens to be our Vice President (Mid-South Region)! I only live about 30 miles from him, dang LaViper (I just read this or I would have met up with ya' at Dolph's).

:2tu: No problem Matt, I pass thru the area every 6 weeks or so. I'll send you a PM before next visit. Going to Little Rock area this coming week. Try to see Tim. Of ya need anything from the N.O. area, let me know. :drive:

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi mattdillon,
Dont know how your schedule looks but if possible maybe make the trip down for the Metal of Honor car show in Slidell, LA 9/22/2012?? Kinda long trip, but if your itching for a drive come on down, would love to have ya and meet you. We may have some Vipers lined up to make the trip along with some other cars that LaViper spoke with. After that show we plan on heading to a popular Cruise-In in Metairie, LA that night. Should be a fun day!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62