are ACR's that different from stock

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Really close to pulling the trigger on a low mileage ACR. were there many changes to the car through 2010.
The one im looking at is a black and red for 83k 600 miles on the car 2008. I would be trading my 04 with 2500 miles on it. Thrn coming up with the difference. Am i crazy, seeing i only drive the car maybe once a week.

iownedu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep yours 04 and wait on a used Gen V IMO. Not worth spending about 40k more for almost the same car.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep yours 04 and wait on a used Gen V IMO. Not worth spending about 40k more for almost the same car.

Yeah wait another 2-3 years....lol...Then your car will be worth even less and there will be 60K between the two. Same car?
Only 100 more horsepower and too many improvements to even list in motor, tranny, suspension, brakes, cooling....what did I leave out?

Oh that's right, the fastest production car in the world.

Reaction score
Wheels are lighter
2 piece rotors are lighter and better
Racing shocks that are adjustable and ride height adjustable
CF wing and splitter add 1000+# of down force

Yeah they are very different beasts, but if your not a track rat it probably won't matter.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
"... but if your not a track rat it probably won't matter."

SURE DOES if you're gonna be the Baddest Asp on your block !!! :)

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR and normal viper drive diffrently. Also the 2010 have the short shifter standard and diffrent 5 and 6 gear ratio. Love my car.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a gen 4 coupe and now have a gen 4 acr. They are very different animals, trust me.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course I can't answer since I've never driven a stock Viper but I love my 08 ACR. I normally just drive it once per week and have about 10,900 miles on it, of course sometimes
I drive it twice a week. I drive it to work on Fridays if the weather is good and then either on Saturday or Sunday.

Buy the car and do like me - wait until around 2014 to get the new Gen V ACR if they come back with it.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question but except for the 2010 ACR with different gearing. Wouldn't it be possible to add the aero stuff to regular srt10 coupe and make it very close to the ACR performance wise?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question but except for the 2010 ACR with different gearing. Wouldn't it be possible to add the aero stuff to regular srt10 coupe and make it very close to the ACR performance wise?

That's been discussed many times and judged to be not cost effective, although it has been done by a few I think. The carbon fiber aero bits are VERY pricey and you also have to changeover the complete suspension including springs to support the down force.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had a number of Vipers and one Prowler and just bought a 2008 ACR. By far, it is the most outrageous creation of the bunch. I love it! You just feel like you are in something extremely special when you drive it. And the attention you get from others is quite startling until you get used to it. I am going to enjoy this car for a long time I would imagine.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Pull the trigger if you are into performance.

Very different cars.

Compared with the 2008 ACR, the 2010 ACR has a revised 5th gear, 6th gear is the same as all Gen III's and IV's. It also has a revised wing, short shifter, upgraded tuning in the ECU for better throttle response and some different color choices inside and out.

IMHO, it will hold it's resale value better than your Gen III.

If not, stay where you are.....

Dan

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really close to pulling the trigger on a low mileage ACR. were there many changes to the car through 2010.
The one im looking at is a black and red for 83k 600 miles on the car 2008. I would be trading my 04 with 2500 miles on it. Thrn coming up with the difference. Am i crazy, seeing i only drive the car maybe once a week.
Its like comparing a Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition Stang to a Mustang GT premium model. The Boss wins hands down.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes. I've done it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave