American Racing Headers on a 99

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi folks,
Local seller has a set of ARH headers, brand new for sale, including cats. It says the dims are 1-3/4" x 3", from the part number (VP-96134300LSWC) it's these in the link below

Does anyone use/have these or know if they are a good upgrade?

My 99 is 100% stock down to the shifter, but I planned on doing exhaust. This came up for sale in my local area, so figured I'd look into these first. Also can I install these first with a stock catback? Would these fit with a stock catback? I know its usually catback first then headers, but let me know if I can do it in reverse.

Thanks!

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just do it all at once since it's going to be apart and likely need some tweaks to get it all fit properly anyway.

OP
OP
K

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stock is 2.5" you will need a reducer.

Mind sharing asking price?
yessir, I believe it was $2100

just do it all at once since it's going to be apart and likely need some tweaks to get it all fit properly anyway.
I might go this route since it would save on labor potentials if I do the whole thing at once. Any recommendations on good-sounding catbacks? The most popular seem to be Borla and Corsa and from this video, its hard for me to decide!

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yessir, I believe it was $2100

I might go this route since it would save on labor potentials if I do the whole thing at once. Any recommendations on good-sounding catbacks? The most popular seem to be Borla and Corsa and from this video, its hard for me to decide!

Corsa is fantastic. I dont have borla, but from what i've heard there's drone.

I actually had to add in additional resonators to the 3" Corsa setup with 3" HFCs (and stock headers), as it was way too loud for me.

lane_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine came with a Corsa, so I'm biased. The idle is fantastic, and its not too loud for me.

I also have a corsa on my C5Z06 and it sounds fantastic on that car as well.

No drone on either setup, which I hear is a real problem on some other systems.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did ARH with stock catback and it was nice. Nice power bump, made good noise but not loud and had the tinging from headers. Just use a 3"-2.5" reducer.

OP
OP
K

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks all, looks like the Corsa is the way to go to avoid that drone. This guy is local so I can pick these up after seeing if he can go lower.

I did ARH with stock catback and it was nice. Nice power bump, made good noise but not loud and had the tinging from headers. Just use a 3"-2.5" reducer.
Nice!! any clips or audio on how it sounded like? this would be my setup if I proceeded to purchase, with the reducer. Is the reducer something that I can purchase at a muffler shop or online?

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No video of it.

It was not a dramatic difference in sound on a '96 (cast manifolds) out of the back of the car, but it was noticeable out of the front. So your '99 likely will not make a big difference sound wise with the stock catback, there will be more header ting out of the front. Out of the back it was what you would expect the stock system to sound like.

Power increase was noticeable.

BoremViper97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa is fantastic. I dont have borla, but from what i've heard there's drone.

I actually had to add in additional resonators to the 3" Corsa setup with 3" HFCs (and stock headers), as it was way too loud for me.
Mine has Borla mufflers and there's no drone. Stock manifolds, stock pipes back to the mufflers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang