Arrow Race Controller - preliminary observatuions.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all. I had the new Arrow Race Controller installed today. It took less than one hour. It must be done by an SRT dealer.

Preliminary observations:

1. It maintains RPMs better on regular low speed start out. It is not a throttle change. I think it is probably due to the slight difference in advance.

2. All normal functions are maintained except those eliminated by the program like the skip shift and some others mentioned in the other thread.

3. The sound on decel is, at least to me, a significant improvement.

4. I have not had a chance to drive it much yet but I have already done one pull from about 70 to 122 starting out in 3rd gear. I could feel the change and the acceleration was smooth and like a high performance aircraft.

5. This new controller is top notch and based on what I have experienced so far, it is a good buy.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good,the Snake will need all it can guster when we do some pulls against my new toy.(Brand New Lamborghini Huracan).. And I thought my Turbo S was fast,this at whole different level....
Glad they are finally putting out some stuff for the Snakes...

Ya,Free2go Another Das Auto....

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not think anyone here cares about your new car.

Sounds good,the Snake will need all it can guster when we do some pulls against my new toy.(Brand New Lamborghini Huracan).. And I thought my Turbo S was fast,this at whole different level....

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry FLL but u do not know what u are writing about. See video. The Viper TA with custom wheels in it is stock. It is Nineball's. A Gen V TA with the Arrow controller, headers, one cat removed and catbacks will blow the doors off a Huracan in a roll race, a road race;and, if driven by someone that can hook the car up and power shift (That means shifting without lifting), give the Huracan a good run for its money in the quarter. (That someone is not me. My car is not for drag racing.) A car that starts at $237,250 should offer far more performance than that.

Now back to the subject which is the Arrow Race Controller. If you wish to post about your Huracan, open a thread in the "Driven" forum. That is where such a post belongs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_m1-2cA44E

Last edited:

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking in reference the Black Miami TA.As soon as the Hurcan gets 500 miles on it,Twin Turbos will be added and then l will play with the fast Orange Snake..
As is,the Stock Huracan will hang with a TA on the road course and run [email protected] Speed 346km/215 mph...
Das Auto....

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Make sure it's a Twin Turbo'd Snake, you'll want to make sure you got your money's worth

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, I am expecting mine soon. Good write-up. Can you explain #3 a bit more. How different on Decel?

Also, confirming, your car is stock other than the PCM, correct?

Hi all. I had the new Arrow Race Controller installed today. It took less than one hour. It must be done by an SRT dealer.

Preliminary observations:

1. It maintains RPMs better on regular low speed start out. It is not a throttle change. I think it is probably due to the slight difference in advance.

2. All normal functions are maintained except those eliminated by the program like the skip shift and some others mentioned in the other thread.

3. The sound on decel is, at least to me, a significant improvement.

4. I have not had a chance to drive it much yet but I have already done one pull from about 70 to 122 starting out in 3rd gear. I could feel the change and the acceleration was smooth and like a high performance aircraft.

5. This new controller is top notch and based on what I have experienced so far, it is a good buy.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. A deeper but not louder sort of rumbling. More muscle car like.

2. The car is completely stock other than the Arrow Race Controller.

BTW, you keep the stock controller and it is easy to have the SRT dealer swap it back in if same should be needed. That too would take less than one hour.

Reaction score
Bob, I am expecting mine soon. Good write-up. Can you explain #3 a bit more. How different on Decel?

Also, confirming, your car is stock other than the PCM, correct?
This was a last minute change to the program, they achieved it by changing where the cam adjust to under deceleration I think they made the right move also ;-)

EdwardETraylorIII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That race controller sounds great.

Just remember, a good tuner can get you even more power (on a dyno) with your OEM controller.

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
FLL, I have a nice 2014 TT'd Snake that's ready to rip your Huracan's nuts off and store the DEEP in the freezer ANY TIME you think you are ready....... ANYTIME... Just say when.

OK, I needed a smile this morning, this was perfect

Can't wait to read more opinions on the new controller

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking in reference the Black Miami TA.As soon as the Hurcan gets 500 miles on it,Twin Turbos will be added and then l will play with the fast Orange Snake..
As is,the Stock Huracan will hang with a TA on the road course and run [email protected] Speed 346km/215 mph...
Das Auto....
Keep dreaming hernia boy.:lmao:

Reaction score
That race controller sounds great.

Just remember, a good tuner can get you even more power (on a dyno) with your OEM controller.
Edward, can you post before and after dyno sheets on a stock GenV car so we can see where the gains are? Do we need to send the car to you or are you offering this remotely? Thanks

EdwardETraylorIII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MJ,

We'll have dyno sheets up on the site soon enough. We are busy actually tuning and making power at the moment.

The gains are solid throughout the midrange as well as a much higher[than the baseline pull] peak number.

Expect a minimum of 25 RWHP gain (tune only) on 91 octane.

Expect a minimum of 35 RWHP gains (tune only) on 93 octane.

Cars can be tuned in Sacramento, CA. , Huntsville, AL or in West Palm Beach, FL. Whatever location is closest to you. Remote tuning is not offered as I require a dyno to customize a tune that's PERFECT for your car.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You should be damn proud of that new Lambo as its an awesome machine from what I have seen and read. Really stands out in the crowd compared to American iron. Be careful with that TRUE supercar and I bet no recalls either........

Dave1968

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of quick questions.
1 Why do you have to have an SRT dealer change out the controller. Can you not simply remove it from the trunk and plug your new one in. What else, if anything, has to be done?

2 I thought we couldn't tune the stock computer, that's why we are buying the arrow contoller. Please explain.

Reaction score
The PCM has to be flashed to mate to the car at the dealer one time. After that you can swap at will, it's not in the trunk though it is in the engine bay mounted behind the front wheel housing.
You must be registered for see images
As far as tuning the factory PCM, there is only one person claiming to have that kind of control and they have not shared any information on how exactly they are doing that. He will have to share that if he chooses or you can ship your car to them and see what they can do.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the Race Control Module is installed, the SRT dealer uses its scan tool to:

1. Update the VIN.

2. Odometer

3. Execute the electronic throttle control RELEARN procedure.

As to recalibrating within the stock controller, my only comment is that Arrow Racing Engines has been involved with Viper engines for many years and, to my knowledge, is, and has been, the only authorized Viper engine warranty repair destination. ( Arrow is where a dealer sends a Viper engine for repair.) Arrow has an accumulation of knowledge and wisdom regarding Viper engines that far exceeds anyone else's except the in house FCA/Dodge/ SRT engineers.

When I do a modification, I do extensive research on the product including its development and the developer in order to assess its probable future relaibility and performance characteristics. When I did this in the case of this product, I was impressed with the great care taken to produce it and the respect shown for FCA/Dodge/SRT and its concerns before it was released.

This controller is basically what the MOPAR offroad controller was to the Gen IV except my guess is for legal reasons FCA/Dodge/SRT and MOPAR chose to allow it to be sold directly by Arrow Racing Engines.

Dave1968

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great! Thankyou for the info. Have you guys experimented with changing the airbox at all. This particular stock one appears to be pretty good already. Any comments?

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I understand it, the stock airbox is the best. If Jack B is following this thread, I think he has the most experience of the GEN V owners on air box issues. Jack?

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with the aftermarket boxes is they lose the oem ram air. FLATOUT Went With An aftermarket box and had high AITs, he went back to oem.

As I understand it, the stock airbox is the best. If Jack B is following this thread, I think he has the most experience of the GEN V owners on air box issues. Jack?

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to any updates as you spend more time with it.

I was under the impression that Arrow was heavily (entirely?) responsible for the factory PCM tune, and was the natural choice of tuner for an off road version.

Bruce

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bruce. Arrow clearly has an incredible depth of knowledge and experience with respect to Viper engines and calibrations. Arrow has state of the art testing equipment similar ( perhaps identical - I do not know the brand) to that used in house by the OEMs. They can test the engine out of the car and in the car. I would say that Arrow Racing Engines is far more than just a "tuner" as that term is generally understood in the car community. They are more akin to a specialty manufacturer who has calibration capability.

I have done a bit more "playing around". This controller rocks. It is the equivalent of an OEM upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acmeinfolabs