Arrow Racing is Closing

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard from a reliable source that Arrow Racing is closing. The source had some engine parts there and was told to get them out that they would be shutting down. Unfortunately, this sounds like another "nail in the coffin" regarding the future of the Viper...

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt any logical connection. Any business shortfall causing their demise is probably coming from another area they are involved in or the ecomomy in general, probably the toughness of the business credit market right now. Even if Viper was being discontinued in a year or two that would still mean that there would be a great volume of warranty work stacked up. With a 3 year warranty that would mean that there would be the same level of business for them till March 2011 if Viper went away tommorow.
Having said that I have no real knowledge of why they are shutting down, if they ARE? But I seem to remember hearing this rumor a long time ago, possibly before the current change of Chrysler ownership.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt any logical connection. Any business shortfall causing their demise is probably coming from another area they are involved in or the ecomomy in general, probably the toughness of the business credit market right now. Even if Viper was being discontinued in a year or two that would still mean that there would be a great volume of warranty work stacked up. With a 3 year warranty that would mean that there would be the same level of business for them till March 2011 if Viper went away tommorow.
Having said that I have no real knowledge of why they are shutting down, if they ARE? But I seem to remember hearing this rumor a long time ago, possibly before the current change of Chrysler ownership.

Lee is correct. Its due to a few reasons.

1. Mclaren
2. The Comp Coupe Program no longer will be using them, and the BIG one:
3. Dodge has authorized the in-house repair of the motors.

Closing shop after 29 years. Bummer.
I got my info from a reliable source as well.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee is correct. Its due to a few reasons.

1. Mclaren
2. The Comp Coupe Program no longer will be using them, and the BIG one:
3. Dodge has authorized the in-house repair of the motors.

Closing shop after 29 years. Bummer.
I got my info from a reliable source as well.

I will bet that they aren't half as competent as the guys from Arrow, which is probably why most engines went to them for repair and not the "in-house" repair facility. For those that may need engine work in the future, get ready for some long term problems. :(

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is strange is why close a "well" running business ?
They got an outstanding reference on engin rebuilds.

Closing a good business so quickly ... There is a good market for engin builders.
I don't know how big is Arrows but with a little restructuration they could continue their business.
Maybe the owner is ready to retire. Or maybe Chrysler is buying their business and they got a good check in their mail.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they are that good perhaps there is a good business opportunity for someone here with some investment $$ available?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, the rumor mill has settled, so NOW we know that ARROW RACING ENGINES survives, , lock, stock, and barrel . Arrow has peen purchased and will continue. Same employees likely, relocating soon.

GOOD NEWS for all of us in Viperdom. Congrats ARROW RACING and your crew, and THANKS to Lee Carducci for spearheading this "SAVE."

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the rumor mill has settled, so NOW we know that ARROW RACING ENGINES survives, , lock, stock, and barrel . Arrow has peen purchased and will continue. Same employees likely, relocating soon.

GOOD NEWS for all of us in Viperdom. Congrats ARROW RACING and your crew, and THANKS to Lee Carducci for spearheading this "SAVE."

Darn, was hoping to read about "Another new Parts Rack aquisition:)"