attaching tubing to headers for cat delete - how to clamp them together?

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the cats and manifold have a exhaust manifold clamp attaching the 2 together. if i wanted to delete the cats and run piping. how would i go about attaching them together?

i will also reattach the stock cats every 2 years for emission inspection so i dont want to weld or hack at anything.

OP
OP
A

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check jegs and few other places. cant find the connector pipe with the flange. anyone have info on where to get them?

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm doing at the moment - got a mostly Belanger setup - gonna have a second pair of turnbacks with hi-flow cats in the middle so I can easily change them out when needed.
I'll post some picks on my head change thread in a few weeks when I'm all done. :2tu:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my car with my old setup. It used the factory downtube off the factory manifold. I cut off the OEM cat and replaced it with a V-banded high flow cat. I purchased the v-bands from Burns Stainless. They are expensive, but the only way to go in my opinion. You can buy extra flanges so that you can weld them to a straight pipe. This makes swapping cats and or straight pipe super easy.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I changed to headers I did the same thing, but have a flanged set of OEM cats now for testing. You can't beat the factory cats.

OP
OP
A

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
found the perfect solution. the piping from the mopar race exhaust. tried contacting some dealers. non would sell just the piping.

does anyone have just the piping for sale? willing to buy asap

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a pic, I think you might be going down the wrong path............................

OP
OP
A

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

comes with the flex and no welding needed. i think i might hack the straight pipe and put clamps in so i can change to cats when needed. but still trying to find a place that sell just the piping.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, got it..............sorry I thought you had a Gen II. Anyway, I could be wrong, but I believe that Corsa is the manufacturer of the Mopar Race exhaust. I would suggest you contact Corsa directly and see if you can source the parts. Another option would be, giving Viper Race Headquarters a call................or give Dan at DC Performance a call, he may have a line on that part. It sure doesn't look like youv'e got much room for an OEM cat in that set up though. Good Luck

OP
OP
A

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i purchased Hennessy mufflers without the headers. with these installed i plan to slice a mid section on the muffler and install clamps so i can change them out when i need to.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62