Attention Il Drivers

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Illinois will begin using photo radar in freeway work zones in July. Second offense tickets are $1,000 with license suspension. Beginning in July the State of Illinois will use speed cameras in areas designated as "Work Zones" on major freeways. Anyone caught by these devices will be mailed a $375.00 ticket for the FIRST offense, but the SECOND offense will cost $1000.00 and comes with a 90-Day suspension. Drivers will also receive demerit points against their license, which allows insurance companies to raise their rates. This represents the harshest penalty structure yet for a city or state using PHOTO enforcements. The State will begin with TWO camera vans issuing tickets in work zones with speed limits lowered to 45 MPH. Photographs of both the Driver's face and License plate are taken.

Pass this on to everyone you know !!!!
for more info: http://www.dot.state.il.us/press/r033005.html <http://www.dot.state.il.us/press/r033005.html>

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those fines are a bit steep. I understand the issue, the problem is that just about every road in Illinois is a work zone. Half the time they put up 5 miles of horses and work on a tiny section.

Can't wait fot them to start issuing speeding tickets using IPASS to guage your speed.:cuss:

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those fines are a bit steep. I understand the issue, the problem is that just about every road in Illinois is a work zone. Half the time they put up 5 miles of horses and work on a tiny section.

Can't wait fot them to start issuing speeding tickets using IPASS to guage your speed.:cuss:

what drives me nuts are the so-called work zones that dont exist. you know, the ones that have the little "work zone" sign and miles and miles of barrels, but have seen no workers since the year 1998? :cuss:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh it's a madhouse on I-290, down through I-294. dread it every time I have to even go near Chicago!

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't even want to drive my car with all of the construction. Last week I was driving my Lexus and huge rock got kicked up in a construction zone and put a small dent and four big scratches on my hood.:cuss:Thankfully I wasn't in the viper. I would have been crushed. The Lexus is leased and is going to be traded in soon for a new one, but it still *****.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is such....!!!! why don't they fix the damn roads once and for all so they are not working on them every summer!

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have been using photo speed traps since they started the Dan Ryan project two years ago. If you are just now paying attention you are very lucky to have not been caught yet. They were using a white full size van unmarked last year, so keep your eyes open and your foot on the brake in work zones.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what drives me nuts are the so-called work zones that dont exist. you know, the ones that have the little "work zone" sign and miles and miles of barrels, but have seen no workers since the year 1998? :cuss:

C'mon. This is Chicago. If there's money to be made, they'll do whatever it takes. They'll lay down 100 miles of "construction" signs at $375-$1000 a pop. It's like the tollway...that thing has been paid for three times over, and the fares just keep going up. Go figure.

It's all about marketing in the end. They can sell these steep fines to the public easier than a tax hike. ********* who read about it think it will only apply to the reckless drivers who are putting workers in danger. They don't realize the photo radar doesn't distinguish a mom in a mini-van going 59 MPH from a punk in a Civic zigzagging in and out of traffic at 80 MPH.

Your only defense is to take off your front plate. You could vote the other way, but in the end, both parties want your $ just as much.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, but absolut vodka is the best.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is such....!!!! why don't they fix the damn roads once and for all so they are not working on them every summer!

CHICAGO AREA ROADS ****!!!!! Fix the roads right the first time:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LOL!!!
It seems the money would be there from all the damm tolls plus they are double if you don't have an ipass. Can you imagine how much revenue is generated each day from the tolls??????:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: WHERE THE HECK IS ALL THE MONEY GOING????:confused: :confused: :confused: . Just think how many workers are employed by having to repair the crappy roads every year and I am sure they make a little more than minimum wage:smirk: :smirk: ..... I have to go to Chicago area every month and I try and avoid going anywhere near 55,90,290,294, and 355. THEY ALL ****!!!!! At least going up 39 is better than going all the way up 55.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper