AUGH!! My eyes, my eyes! (photo)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Yes, this is a 1984 Corvette built to look like a GTS (they call it the "GTSx"). Well, that is what the Vetper guys claim on their site . Notice the lack of flare on the rear quarters, the somewhat hideous c-pillars, and the see-through rear fascia. I have no clue what the yellow thing is by the hood - intake or maybe a piece sticking up. They also have some pictures that are the real deal on their web site (not kit cars), including a Hennessey GTS. A tad bit misleading if you ask me...

Well, I guess Dodge should be flattered that they did this. Don't see too many people building kits to look like a Mustang or Corvette! Thought you would be amused...

Chris

Reaction score
I think they left out the "u" between the S and the x.
I looked at that picture and said, "Hey, that's...what?...what kind of?...is that a?...Eeeeewwwwwww."
That is, my friends, what they call "fugly."

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how the site states ->All pictures in this site are Authentic VETPER ViperReplicas, it is with guaranteed
authenticity that every car shown in this website was created using a 1968 - 1996 Corvette

The top two left side pictures and the second one down on the right with the Hennessey aero package are actually Vipers. Look at the slope of the front windshield on the blue GTS not a Vett slope. The red RT-10 on the left side is an actual Chrysler photo LOL below the top pic is the original Chrysler photo and the bottom one is a so called replica. Notice the Photo Shop removal of the front hood seam. Can we say FALSE ADVERTISING.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're getting copies happening in the UK too. Much as I hate any Viper copy some of them are getting better, but still "ugh"! They are making their own chassis, and even using *** parts now - lights from a Mazda MX, and making the 'copies' right hand drive. They use the real Viper windshield though and paint color. No fake snake for me, only genuine and V10 for me, or I'd rather gen-none!

One thing that really bugs me is that these copies are displaying OE badges, very Dodgy ground surely?

pissed.gif
dead.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nadine UK GTS:
even using *** parts now
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooh Nadine. Naughty, naughty. Can't use the word "***" because it offends some of the girly-men in California.

However, us Florida 'necks don't care.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The quality of their website directly mimics the crap their trying to sell. I wrote an email. I hope to hear back soon.

Craig

P.S. Chris How did you ever hold a cam that steady at 170 MPH, were you on a dyno?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viper GTS-R:
also has anyone noticed their so called viper GTS has sidepipes.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a closer look - it has both sidepipes AND rear exhaust (quad from what I can see). That means that this bad boy blows away any Belanger set up - it has SIX exhaust outlets with one on each side and four out the back. Maybe that is why it has that thing on the front - it could be a yellow Hoover vacuum for an intake!

And all due respect to the guys trying to do this. The way I came on the site was that somebody (not Viper related) was asking if this was a good deal or not and was interested in doing it. There is certainly a market, albeit a small one, for pseudo-exotics. Look at the Countachs running around on Fiero chassis. I think the kits are $7K-$8K, you supply the Vette. At least they finally found a good use for the C4!
laugh.gif

Chris

PS. And don't start sending me nastygrams C4 owners, it's all in fun...

PPS to Craig: I let the car drift a little holding the wheel with my left hand and rested the camera on the steering wheel with my right. Notice the reflection of bright blue skies - no dyno!

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like someone at the company reads our board. Last night the lead page had the two real vipers on it. This morning the web page has been changed and the Real vipers are now replaced with fake snakes. haha.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone see the posts of the Mystery Car - that turned out to be a TVR - Speed 12 or something.....

I hate to say it, while the front and sides look just like a Viper, the tail is.... (wash my mouth out with soap)...verrrry Bad Asp and I wish our cars looked like the TVR!

The weak point of the GTS is it's tail. The TVR actually has bulging rear fenders that are.... hubba! hubba!

....and if ANYONE tells MY VIPERS that I've looked at another car.... I'll....I'll......

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, That's NUTS!!!

My uncle and I were doing 150-155 Today in his 94 RT/10, I couldn't imagine trying to do it with 1 hand 20 MPH faster all the while trying to focus a camera.

"Best Avatar Ever"

Craig

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep the guy who owns the website replaced the second picture with a beat up vette on my original post. So now my original post don't show the touched up original RT-10 picture. Yea he knows exactly what he's doing, very dishonest if you ask me.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahaah..... I have seen that first yellow one in person!!

A LONG time ago.... downtown fort lauderdale...

I remember thinking ... **** ... that thing loooks really weird...

that thing on the hood was a HUGE hood scoop... similar to what sir hiss has

Brooks

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlexL:
That thing *****! Only a lousy loser, wannabe, blind, creep, lying, low life, non respecting, freak, a$$, idoit would drive or own such a piece of ****!

Alex

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on Alex. Tell us how you really feel.
laugh.gif