Auto transporters

rblong

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't find anything under the search. I need to get a couple names for transporters to estimate cost to get a Viper to Texas. Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce

mvel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paid $1200 to have my new Vert brought in to Dallas from Ohio in an enclosed carrier. Took one week from when I gave them the order.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
When checking on estimates on transport make sure you
get the details of what's being offered. For instance
I got a quote for a local carrier who advertised an
"enclosed" trailer but then discovered his trailer was
steel frame with "sealed" canvas sides - not waterproof
and definately not theft proof. Another offered cheap
prices, but it was an enclosed double-deck trailer where
the cars could (potentially) leak on each other - plus
the driver would have had to move it at least four times
before delivery. A lot of big companies like DAS use
terminals where your car is shipped and then stored
until the company can get enough cars going the same
direction - very easy to not see your car for a month or
two.

I'm not saying all carriers are bad, just make sure you
know what you're getting for the price you're quoted.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can say read Bonkers post several times!

I wish I would have asked more questions when I had my Viper shipped from CA to WV.

It ended up in an enclosed trailer-with 12 other cars! AND it was the last one in the trailer, AND it was slightly damaged in transit. AND it took 3 1/2 wks to get to me.

ask a LOT of questions, be specific about your expectations!

3 car MAX in an ENCLOSED trailer, you receive calls IN transit as to status of delivery, and there isn't a car ON TOP of yours leaking oil

JMHO

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fly out and drive it back yourself. Make a road trip out of it, you will have a blast.

Reaction score
I just used FEDEX Custom Critical Passport Auto Transport for pick-up and delivery of my wife's new car. What a great, smooth and pleasant experience.

The new car was picked up at a new car dealership in Michigan and delivered to S. Florida in a fully enclosed new trailer, it arrived in two days in perfect condition.

The driver was super nice, and professional and did me a huge favor because I was going out of town the next morning and needed it the day before. He came through and delivered.

I would highly recommend them, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again in the very near future.

They charged me $1312.00, they accept all major credit cards, I used my American Express. They also were the least expensive of the four companies I called.

You get your own account rep, mine was Diane Crawford 800-325-4267 ext. 2307. She was kind, considerate, and very professional. She answered my calls whenever I called, never got her voice mail.

Yes, I would highly recommend them and it was kind of cool to say you used FedEx to deliver your new car.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just used FEDEX Custom Critical Passport Auto Transport for pick-up and delivery of my wife's new car. What a great, smooth and pleasant experience.

The new car was picked up at a new car dealership in Michigan and delivered to S. Florida in a fully enclosed new trailer, it arrived in two days in perfect condition.

The driver was super nice, and professional and did me a huge favor because I was going out of town the next morning and needed it the day before. He came through and delivered.

I would highly recommend them, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again in the very near future.

They charged me $1312.00, they accept all major credit cards, I used my American Express. They also were the least expensive of the four companies I called.

You get your own account rep, mine was Diane Crawford 800-325-4267 ext. 2307. She was kind, considerate, and very professional. She answered my calls whenever I called, never got her voice mail.

Yes, I would highly recommend them and it was kind of cool to say you used FedEx to deliver your new car.

WOW that's cool, I didnt know fedex was in the car transport business, I wonder if you can get overnight delivery? lol

Reaction score

WOW that's cool, I didnt know fedex was in the car transport business, I wonder if you can get overnight delivery? lol

Yes, I asked, they told me it would be about $4,000.00 more, I passed.

When I was born, I was given the choice to pick one of three options that were the most important to me, the choices were rich, hung and good looking.
I picked wrong, but who knew at that age.
Signed,
Tripod

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang