Banned Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the problem with moderation status, is none of the posts were getting approved, none of my posts were approved until this topic came about, I also could not PM anyone, not even "VCA forum Staff" so your wrong. it's for all intensive purposes a ban. moderated status is pretty much crap. you either suspend, or you ban. period. removing ones ability to even PM is insane. I was on that moderated status since I posted the VCA letter of doom, which was posted on another web forum all together.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's be clear, if they are being moderated and can not post without a moderators approval, it is the same as being banned. And yes they all are fully moderated. That is BS.

I agree, they should get suspended for a week if they act really stupid. I don't know why a moderator would want to waste their time sifting through peoples post.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy **** I'm un Permabanned lol. Just posting to prove that ViperJohn is correct on my account.

ps See some of you guys at the Roundup.

Andy

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok some of you guys were on mod and ban. Flatout, Fixed

And Virgina, I didn't know you were on mod until you posted here, and we checked the queue daily, we would go weeks without a post in mod queue.

Patience please, this stuff takes time, as I come on here between plan rides and meetings.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps some do not know the contact information, which is publicly disclosed, to communicate issues directly:

Dallas, Texas Support Office
Viper Club of America
Ph/Fax: 800-677-4321
Ph: 972-882-6814
Fax: 972-767-0773
Email: [email protected]
Office hours are 9am to 5pm M-F CST

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
They are not all moderated. I crosschecked the list two different ways. Being banned and moderated are different. Being moderated, one can still actively participate on the site, if you are banned, you cannot. I suspect we will have to agree to disagree on this matter.

I think someone on the list must be pulling your leg telling you that they are moderated when in fact they're not. I'd by happy to talk to anyone on that list about their status. In fact, there are a few on that list that I wouldn't mind catching up with.

Feel free to PM me specifics. If anyone has an issue with their forum status, feel free to PM me as well.

Pass. You couldn't even answer the question about Maurice. It has not changed and the fact you want them to grovel back to get unbanned/unmoderated is still pathetic.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the problem with moderation status, is none of the posts were getting approved, none of my posts were approved until this topic came about, I also could not PM anyone, not even "VCA forum Staff" so your wrong. it's for all intensive purposes a ban. moderated status is pretty much crap. you either suspend, or you ban. period. removing ones ability to even PM is insane. I was on that moderated status since I posted the VCA letter of doom, which was posted on another web forum all together.

That makes a lot of sense. To be honest, I know I wasn't checking it as often as I could. As to to the time period you were put into moderation, too many people had access to admin account and things were happening with no accountability. The method I had for checking it was cumbersome. Thanks to Don, I can quickly check moderated posts and post them up.

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense. To be honest, I know I wasn't checking it as often as I could. As to to the time period you were put into moderation, too many people had access to admin account and things were happening with no accountability. The method I had for checking it was cumbersome. Thanks to Don, I can quickly check moderated posts and post them up.

on that note....moderating each post is inefficient, takes unnecessary time etc. bottom line, I would either suspend people or ban hammer after so many suspensions. I don't have the time to **** through every single post some troll might be making. if they **** up, warn. again, short time out, again, longer timeout, again a really long timeout, once more and ban hammer.

note: I am presently a moderator for several other forums, work in the IT industry, and was the admin of several until I was no longer interested in their subjects. I have lots of forum experience, I've seen every way a forum could be run and then some. moderated status is stupid.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pass. You couldn't even answer the question about Maurice. It has not changed and the fact you want them to grovel back to get unbanned/unmoderated is still pathetic.

Maurice is not banned. He had been but was re-instated the next day after resignations. No one is asking for them to beg/grovel, simply contact us so we can rectify.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think 100 posts on this topic is enough. If anyone feels they are improperly modded or banned, please write [email protected] and we will work with you on rectifying the situation with, as we have with ~30+ so far. Thanks for you patience and understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper