Banned Users

Discussion in 'Ask VCA Headquarters' started by Nsane1, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virginiavenom

virginiavenom Enthusiast

the problem with moderation status, is none of the posts were getting approved, none of my posts were approved until this topic came about, I also could not PM anyone, not even "VCA forum Staff" so your wrong. it's for all intensive purposes a ban. moderated status is pretty much crap. you either suspend, or you ban. period. removing ones ability to even PM is insane. I was on that moderated status since I posted the VCA letter of doom, which was posted on another web forum all together.

2. Sybil TF

Sybil TF Viper Owner

I agree, they should get suspended for a week if they act really stupid. I don't know why a moderator would want to waste their time sifting through peoples post.

3. FLATOUT

FLATOUT Viper Owner

Holy **** I'm un Permabanned lol. Just posting to prove that ViperJohn is correct on my account.

ps See some of you guys at the Roundup.

Andy

4. FLATOUT

FLATOUT Viper Owner

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  5. Nsane1

Nsane1 Viper Owner

Ok some of you guys were on mod and ban. Flatout, Fixed

And Virgina, I didn't know you were on mod until you posted here, and we checked the queue daily, we would go weeks without a post in mod queue.

Patience please, this stuff takes time, as I come on here between plan rides and meetings.

6. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Enthusiast

Perhaps some do not know the contact information, which is publicly disclosed, to communicate issues directly:

Dallas, Texas Support Office
    Viper Club of America
    Ph/Fax: 800-677-4321
    Ph: 972-882-6814
    Fax: 972-767-0773
    Email: [email protected]
    Office hours are 9am to 5pm M-F CST

7. CWhiteRun

CWhiteRun Has Left the Room!

Pass. You couldn't even answer the question about Maurice. It has not changed and the fact you want them to grovel back to get unbanned/unmoderated is still pathetic.

8. ViperJohn

ViperJohn VCA Member - Northeast

That makes a lot of sense. To be honest, I know I wasn't checking it as often as I could. As to to the time period you were put into moderation, too many people had access to admin account and things were happening with no accountability. The method I had for checking it was cumbersome. Thanks to Don, I can quickly check moderated posts and post them up.

9. virginiavenom

virginiavenom Enthusiast

on that note....moderating each post is inefficient, takes unnecessary time etc. bottom line, I would either suspend people or ban hammer after so many suspensions. I don't have the time to weed through every single post some troll might be making. if they **** up, warn. again, short time out, again, longer timeout, again a really long timeout, once more and ban hammer.

note: I am presently a moderator for several other forums, work in the IT industry, and was the admin of several until I was no longer interested in their subjects. I have lots of forum experience, I've seen every way a forum could be run and then some. moderated status is stupid.

10. ViperJohn

ViperJohn VCA Member - Northeast

Maurice is not banned. He had been but was re-instated the next day after resignations. No one is asking for them to beg/grovel, simply contact us so we can rectify.

11. Nsane1

Nsane1 Viper Owner

I think 100 posts on this topic is enough. If anyone feels they are improperly modded or banned, please write [email protected] and we will work with you on rectifying the situation with, as we have with ~30+ so far. Thanks for you patience and understanding

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.