Beat by an SVT?

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with MES. It sounds like the faster car won. If you don't like to lose, don't race as there is always something faster. I never mind losing to faster cars, I just don't like losing to faster drivers!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
Hello Trey, last year the guys at Muscle Mustang Mag put me in a street car shootout comprised of the fastest TRUE daily driven street cars in the tri state area.I ran against a Mustang LX at 3100. lbs making between 560-600 at the tires depending on boost.If you ever saw this car there would be no way you would ever think it could run 9s without Nitrous.It appeared no different than any of the other million Stangs out there running headers and Exhaust.With Evan Snith at the wheel on BF Goodrich Drag Radialls in 90 heat the car ran 11.0 at 132.Switching to the M\T slicks PUT THE CAR AT 10.3 AT 135 (since last year the car has made THE 9S)The best my Viper ran that day on Pilots was 11.2 at 130.0 Granted for the test he had the boost turned up (over 16 lbs)requiring 116 octaine leaded gas but the car is truely street driven 6000 miles per year in various states of tune.amount of boost per fuel ability )Good luck with the mods,Joe.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
JOE-

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. 100%. EVERYTIME I'VE BEEN AT THE TRACK SO FAR, IF A MUSTANG WAS THERE, HE WAS FASTER THAN I WAS. I'M NOT DENYING THAT THERE ARE 8, 9, & 10 SEC STANGS OUT THERE. I KNOW THEY ARE. JEFF, HERE AT MOTORSPORTS TECHNOLOGIES, HAS A 9 SECOND ALL DAY LONG MUSTANG, PROBABLY FASTER THAN THAT & HE BUILT A Z28 SS I HAD YEARS AGO. I WAS REALLY JUST TRYING TO GIVE OUR FELLOW MEMBER A LITTLE ENCOURAGEMENT - THEN IT GOT OUTTA HAND. I PERSONALLY DON'T CARE FOR MUSTANGS OR FORDS IN GENERAL BUT I WON'T DENY THAT THERE ARE SOME INCREDIBLY FAST MUSTANGS OUT THERE THAT WOULD SPANK A VIPER...MODIFIED OR NOT.
embarass.gif

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets be real here folks. Mustangs are great cars for the money. Vipers are great cars for the money. But that extra money we payed wasn't just for looks:

Moded Mustang Cobra vs. Stock Viper GTS

1/4 mile times - Moderate or above moded Cobra would win
Road Course - Viper
Top speed - Viper
Handeling quickness - Viper
Total grip/traction - Viper
Driver feedback/feel - Viper
Balance - Viper
Looks - Viper
Resale - Viper
Reliabilty - Viper and don't void warantee. (Moded cars require special maintanence, as we all know).

** If all you are intersted in 1/4 mile, get the Mustang, or build a 1/4 monster. If you want the exotic all-around performance king, and got the cash, get the Viper. There both great cars, but lets keep it real folks. I've owned and driven many race breed 5.0's, so I'm talking from experience. Comparing the two in anything but the 1/4 mile is almost ridiculous. And anyone that HAS driven both would acknowledge this.

THERE BOTH AMERICAN PERFORMANCE ICONS!!!!!!

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onerareviper:
MC55,

It is what makes you go into the garage on a cold winter's night, just to stare at the car.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here I thought I was the only one who did this.
biggrin.gif

Sometimes I go in the garage and stare at it and can't believe its mine. And when it is stored in the garage for the Winter the only thing I can do is go stare at it, since I can't drive it. I love this car!!!!!!

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I'm a huge Mustang guy. Yes, I'm getting ready to buy a 99 Cobra Vert. Ok, so I work at Burger King. That's my part-time job whos purpose is solely to pay for the Cobra. I drive 80 miles a day to get to and from school, rain or shine. I can't afford a Viper, but I would love to own one. Just because I drive a less expensive car and make a fraction of the money in a year that many of you make in a week doesn't mean you're better than me. I love Vipers, Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, and Corvettes. I even have a grudging respect for the fast imports (TT Supra, RX-7, Skyline, and of course the exotic Europeans). As long as it's fast and not rice, I give it a lot of respect. I don't speak for all non-Viper domestic owners, but I drive what I can afford and enjoy every minute of it. I don't think I'm faster than Vipers or most Supras. If I get the chance to race a Viper, I'd jump on it, not because I think I can win, but because the thrill of racing against a car like the Viper is incredible. Just as most of you would race against a McClaren F1 even though losing is the expected outcome.
To sum up, most Mustang/F-body owners respect the Viper and would love to own one, but simply cannot afford it.
At least they're not driving a Civic with a fart can and a 747 wing!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly, I can say that you have a GREAT attitude; it would be great if more performance car enthusiasts/owners took notes. Kudos to you, and welcome to the board
smile.gif

Regards,
Clint

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am somewhat new to the site and I just purchased my first Viper , a 2001 GTS with some bolt-ons ( Borla, K&N, smooth tubes, etc).

I also just sold my 427 S/C Cobra that was stroked to a 462ci @ 583 hp. Needless to say, at 2300 lbs and 335's on the rear (adjustable IRS Supension) this was car is extremely quick and quite a handful to drive. I have pretty much raced most every type of car around (from 5.0's , Vipers, Ferrari,Vettes, and even the Hondas) and always came out ahead...at least to 100 mph.

I plan on getting my GTS up to that same level of performance....which includes suspension work to handle it..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4