belanger headers and exhaust/xmetal tb and cold intake. Do I need a tune??

vipercanada

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey everyone in the process of installing the belanger complete exhaust system. I already have xmetal tb and cold air intake. Is it necessary to get a tune done? lou belanger said there is no need to. Will a tune make that much of a difference? what are some pros to it? and if so which company shoud I go through dc, roe, A and C, racing solutions?? thanks for your time

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock should yield aprox 442rwhp sae

Headers, catback, throttle body and kn air intake should yield aprox 470 rwhp sae with cats and aprox 480 rwhp with your cats deleted.

A custom mail order tune via sct from Sean of roe racing will yield aprox 485 sae with cats and aprox 495 sae with cats deleted.

Besides the added power getting you around the 500 rwhp mark (aprox 570 crank engine hp) your car will also idle smoother with less low end bucking, as well the nerve racking skip shift will be eliminated. Your redline will aslo be set to 6250 rpms makeing 0-60 mph capable in first gear.

You dont have to do the tune but for all the benifits plus added power why wouldnt you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62