Belanger Headers/Cat back to Corsa?

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2004 SRT with Belanger Headers, high flow cats, and cat back. Honestly, it's a little too loud for my liking. Is there an aftermarket system that would be a little quieter that would bolt up the the Belanger headers?

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corsa will be quieter. Also, a Gen IV exhaust will be quieter.

OP
OP
C

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do those bolt up to the headers though? Not exactly sure what the stock exhaust or Corsa looks like, or where it connects.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
note: With Corsa there is a "Touring", "Sport" & "Extreme" silencer. I have the extreme/track with no cats & I promise you it's the opposite direction you want to go.

They should bolt to the cats - go to Corsa's website and view the kits, it will all make since after.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Headers make these cars too loud for many of us in street cars; track use is different with a helmet on and (some of us) radio inserts in our ears.

If you want it quieter and would like to keep the headers, re-install your OE crossovers onto your original mufflers.....or go back to the OE headers and run a cat back.

Either way will quiet the car back to a more reasonable level for street cruising.

Good luck,

Dan

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Aero exhaust is Muscle car liek at idle and low RPM and then at high RPM it quiets up, I have a few racers that are now able to run a Seca now with my side exhaust when they had to lift off teh throttle before

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly guys I like, respect and have run Belanger headers for many years and have to say IMHO it's going to be hard to quiet them down, it's inherent in the Tri-Y design. That's why when you install a set on a Gen 2-3 Viper it sounds like you have a mild cam (choppy).. I've installed our ported intakes on Belanger prepped Gen 4's and they are louder and a bit more aggressive (more vibration) at lower to mid rpm. Your best bet with Belangers is to eliminate drone, so at highway speeds you can enjoy conversation and not get to beat-up.

Run Corsa and larger factory modified cats! just my 2 cents worth.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHermsen,

Gen IV exhaust in itself will not quiet things down - I've tried that. The hi-flo cats contribute quite a bit to the noise/drone. Crossovers do quiet things down quite a bit but they add too much heat. Corsas are the only things I haven't tried but I'm sure they'll help as Bad Boyzz mentioned.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are better ways to reduce the "drone"

A lot of people like to believe in or propagate the Mystical magical drone killing of the Corsa, but if you have ever actually analyzed the Corsa compared to other systems there is a simple reason the Corsa eliminated the drone sound,

IT USES TWICE THE STEEL OF EVERYONE ELSE'S SYSTEM

The Corsa is double the weight of all the others out there, it is just multiple layers of stainless steel. the sound cancelling tech BS is just that BS, there is no way that the same muffler can be tuned to eliminate drone as created by numerous different headers and cams and valve configs.

If you think you will reduce weight by removing your stock system and replacing it with a Corsa, THINK AGAIN

The Corsa weighs the same as the entire stock system, including the crossover, not less

The easiest and lightest way to reduce drone is to add some heat heat shielding/sound deadening to the sills, if drone is an issue this will insulate you from the sound of the drone just as the extra layer of stainless does in the Corsa mufflers does

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave