Belanger Headers Installed, some pictures....

Dale Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took me about 7 days, working mostly an hour or two in the evening, to complete the install. I added the high flow cats, new wires and also did the side sill modification for machine screws. I also have the B&B 3" cat back.
Right after the install I did a dyno pull and no change in power but it sounds great!! I think in about 400 miles I will have the UNICHIP reprogrammed, this should up the HP some. I did notice that the car was running a little rich? not sure why adding headers would do that.

Header Install

Dale

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THOSE ARE EXCELLENT PICTURES! Thanks for taking the time to take them and post them. Daamn, now I'm gonna have to get a set.

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pictures, I just finished my install yesterday. Agree I love the deeper sound, you can really hear the cam lope now! Are you going to come out the 23rd for the San Diego cruise? Love to compare notes on install. Hope to see ya.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool - I use a Kwiklift too...like the idea of using the mats underneath the back though...will have to try that next weekend!

weed43

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dale, I to just got through installing the Bellanger headers yesterday, I already had the hi-flow cats and Corsa 3 in. exhaust. I was concerened about the increase in exhaust noise, but it turned out the tone was deeper and the noise was no more then 5% increase. I see you used the same stanless clamps I used they really worked out grate. Hoosier Daddy the brand name on the clamp was Donaldson, and the only place I could find them was a muffler shop, car part stores did not have this type clamp. this clamp is used for slip joints and I understand will not work well on a butt application. the clamp comes with a sliver strip you insert before you drawl the clamp tight and makes a perfict seal.

OP
OP
D

Dale Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all for the positive comments!!

Hisses, I didn't know about a San Diego rally today. Is this posted somewhere? I would like to go!!

Hoosier Daddy, the clamps come from NAPA, 3" stainless band clamps.

Weed53, haven't used the brand you are talking about but they are probably the same.

The other positive I forgot to mention is the side sill temperature. I dove 50 miles and you can put you hand right over the cat area and it's only slightly warm.

Dale

S

SUN RA KAT

I had Belanger Headers, Random Tech Ultra High Flow Cats, & Corsa 3" Cat Back installed on my Viper by Woodhouse before I even flew out to pick my Viper up. (And many other mods, too.) I made 436 rwHP and 480 rwTorque with this set up - dynoed before my Roe S/C was installed.

If it's too loud for you, then add the Roe Supercharger - my system is noticably quieter with the Roe Superchager - sounds meaner in a different way & I might get out the car's manual and figure out how to set stations on the radio someday.

If you didn't see a gain in power, then add the Roe Supercharger. You'll see it then! :D

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dale they post on the Forums/events forum. I just found out a couple of weeks ago. there is goimg to be a BBQ also coming up.

:usa:

OP
OP
D

Dale Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hisses,
Thanks, I just found this also. I can't make it today, I am a little late to get there. The route they are going is great, I have ridden it several times on my Harley, so have fun, but watch carefully, there are a lot of cars on that route.
I will monitor the events Forum for the BBQ post, see you there.
Dale

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonderful pictures, Dale Craig & Sun Ra Kat. Such exciting stuff, I tell ya. I can't wait for the day I get to start joining in the fun. Thank you both for sharing. It's stuff like this that make the Viper forum so much fun.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
D

Dale Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SUN RA KAT, Great pictures, thanks. I have several questions for you, I will email you.

Daffy Duck Viper - glad you liked them.

Dale

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..Nice array of pictures, system looks good. How does the system hold against leaks, at the collecter flange!! Is there any welding involved, couldn't tell from the pics....I should not have looked, these photos got me going, must have the system. Thanks for sharing.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice setup Dale!!

Few Q's:

Did you install any heat shielding over the headers or are they coated? What about the same question in the sills?

looks great!

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason that your car is running rich could be that you changed the cats. Get VEC1 and you get the power back.
When I took my cats off and did not install the sims I lost 30RWHP but after adding VEC1 my gain was 7RWHP at 437RWHP and 12RWTQ at 480RWTQ. I don not have headers.

OP
OP
D

Dale Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HISSTOY, no welding on the flange, just a silicon seal. Local Viper tech, great guy, says he has installed several this way and never had an issue with leaks. No leaks so far, We'll see. I did use the paper gasket that came with the headers, wish I had seen the post about using a OEM factory replacement before I finished. I hope it doesn’t leak but if it does, I will replace it.

gexXgts, thanks. I didn't install the heat shield over the headers, they are coated. I did use the factory heat shield for the side sills.

Dale

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Where is the front hanger ?

Dale Craig: GREAT SERVICE you have provided here....... Maybe Ill give you a gift certif and re-create it on my website?? THANKS TWICE !!

Mike: The Belanger headers are included with "turnouts" that connect to the cats. These turnouts and elbow REPLACE the OEM flex-pipe and hangar. Since the Flex is gone, the elbow simply flexes upward because it is no longer anchored by the (unneeded) hook-hanger.......

OP
OP
D

Dale Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,
As many have said, thanks for the great service and information.
Everything you provided worked perfectly,
( even the little spark plug boots :) ).
I would be glad to send you a copy of the pictures with the indexes ready for your web site. Let me know and I will send you a CD with instructions.
Dale

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dale -- Read about engine light comes on with Headers install, have you experinced any such thing? if so how did you remedy it, thanks.

OP
OP
D

Dale Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HSSSTOY,
No check engine light, now have 400 miles on the header install.

jimandela,
I agree!

Dale

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK.....couple of questions so I don't have to start a new thread, what is the difference in sound between the Borla and the Corsa systems on cars with apple to apple mods?

When replacing cats with RT high flows can you just clamp them or ddo the have to be welded in on one end?
do you use a Sawsall to cut the factory welded in cat out?
Thanks

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lookin,
I installed a Corsa/high flow cat system on my 97. A Sawzall easily cuts thru the stock exaust. I tried a clamp but ended up getting it welded (40$). As far as sound, you have to hear them. Corsa has sound clips on their site and I believe there is a Borla clip in the multimedia section here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX