Belanger heaeders

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone here had any experience-good or bad- with the Belanger headers. I understand they are easy to install and are true bolt-ons which eliminate the crossover pipes. Anyone have any problems with the jet coat peeling off, or welds coming loose? Are these 40 horses worth $3K or more? Any heat related or noise problems? Thanks!!!

youngviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
make sure whoever does the job installs it in a way where your not gonna have any heat issues. ex. if they dont put the header shields back on, it will cause wires to melt etc. other than that it reduces heat in the cockpit and sounds incredible at WOT! i dont know about the 40 horses gain though..... anybody have numbers or figures on HP gain from the belanger system would be great!

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two 2004 stock vipers compared with my system. I have the full belanger system. In both cases my car produced anywhere from 25-30 HP gain more.

Also do a search a lot of information on the belanger system with respect to install. Easy install and no problems with the system other then 02 sensors.

Patrick

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Reggie I installed the Bellanger headers for the sound not for the extra power and eliminated the cross over pipes and add the high flow cats and Atro racing exhaust.I've never had the powder coating chip peel or come off,it looks like the day I put them on.As for the heat Atro Racing heat wraped my side pipes which kept my sill cooler .I aslo did a computor chip upgrade by DC performance which came with a 180 degree thermostate which also keep engine cooler.I did these mods so I didn't have to put the heat shields back on.I haven't had any heat related problems. Personelly I like the modification it made to my car.It will make your car sound louder,which I wanted ( It got rid of the UPS truck sound out of my car ).Just for the record,everytime I go to the Viper days at the race track People come up to me and say I have the best sounding car out on the track.And that is what I wanted .I hope this helps.

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Belanger headers

Has anyone here had any experience-good or bad- with the Belanger headers. I understand they are easy to install and are true bolt-ons which eliminate the crossover pipes. Anyone have any problems with the jet coat peeling off, or welds coming loose? Are these 40 horses worth $3K or more? Any heat related or noise problems? Thanks!!!

I have had Belanger headers and exhaust on both my Vipers. Excellent results in terms of sound and reducing heat. I did a before and after dyno on my 03 and gained 39 rwhp. If I ever have a 3rd Viper, I will be doing Belangers again. I have to say though, that I had Belangers install mine themselves, since they are located in Phoenix.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Reggie I installed the Bellanger headers for the sound not for the extra power and eliminated the cross over pipes and add the high flow cats and Atro racing exhaust.I've never had the powder coating chip peel or come off,it looks like the day I put them on.As for the heat Atro Racing heat wraped my side pipes which kept my sill cooler .I aslo did a computor chip upgrade by DC performance which came with a 180 degree thermostate which also keep engine cooler.I did these mods so I didn't have to put the heat shields back on.I haven't had any heat related problems. Personelly I like the modification it made to my car.It will make your car sound louder,which I wanted ( It got rid of the UPS truck sound out of my car ).Just for the record,everytime I go to the Viper days at the race track People come up to me and say I have the best sounding car out on the track.And that is what I wanted .I hope this helps.

Rick,

Thank you Rick for the nice write up. :2tu:

Robbie
AtRo Racing Products

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
39hp at the wheels with just a header change? Have others seen that kind of gain? Seems really high for just swapping headers but if it is true, i am next.

Do you lose any low end power or torque with the headers?

youngviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
39 hp gain at the wheel seems kinda high. i got the whole belanger setup on my 04 and k+n, but i still need to dyno it. 39+ hp gain seems unrealistic from just headers on an srt10. i think belanger claims around 40 rwhp gain on doing the headers, high flow cats, and cat back together.
anyways i was wondering if anyone's tried taking the Cats off on the belanger setup? i'm thinking of taking my cats off but wonder how NORCAL cops would like that lol. the car sounds crazy as it is....turns on virtually very car alarm i go by but i can only imagine how powerful it would sound without the cats........

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I added the Belanger Headers, removed the cats and added to small mufflers in front of the 2 the car already has. The new mufflers are made by Burns. It made a big difference in the quality of the sound. Under a light load the car is much quieter and since I use this car several times a week this is important to me.

Belanger makes a great product, pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Good product from nice people.

A bit loud for my tastes but most people like them.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have some for sale. Let me know if your interested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth