Best Clear Bra / Invisiguard for 2013 SRT

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for:

1) The highest quality / best reviews for protecting my paint (e.g. clear bra)

2) A reputable and fair-priced installer in the Houston area.

Any help with either of these will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Justin

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer Suntek...it has good self healing properties & no one usually notices it unless I point it out...I have used pro-tectmobile.com (he will come to you) for my vehicles & have been very happy with the results....

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer Suntek...it has good self healing properties & no one usually notices it unless I point it out...I have used pro-tectmobile.com (he will come to you) for my vehicles & have been very happy with the results....

Thank you Texas1

TBoDDS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the research I've done the top 3 clear bra companies are Avery Dennison, X-Pel, & Suntek. All 3 are self healing, look fantastic, & most importantly protect the paint. As far as narrowing it down to which specific one to use on your car, I would ask the installer which they prefer.

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem...actually just had them wrap my full hood w/ Suntek yesterday & they did an awesome job...I'll probably just go ahead & get the entire car wrapped as I'm 80% there...:D

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem...actually just had them wrap my full hood w/ Suntek yesterday & they did an awesome job...I'll probably just go ahead & get the entire car wrapped as I'm 80% there...:D

Is that a joke or can they really wrap the entire car?

Also, any issues around any of the lower areas where exhaust can introduce heat?

Thanks!

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had no issues...the color on my car is Stryker Green so I can't imagine trying to touch up the paint...I currently (in Suntek) have the entire hood, front bumper, side sills, 1/3 of roof, side view mirrors, rear bumper around rear wheels, and rear spoiler done. At this point I'm almost all in lol...There have been quite a few members that have wrapped their entire car...:2tu:

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had no issues...the color on my car is Stryker Green so I can't imagine trying to touch up the paint...I currently (in Suntek) have the entire hood, front bumper, side sills, 1/3 of roof, side view mirrors, rear bumper around rear wheels, and rear spoiler done. At this point I'm almost all in lol...There have been quite a few members that have wrapped their entire car...:2tu:

I wonder what the life expectancy is, for lack of better terms for the product to remain in good shape and what happens when it (if) it breaks down?

How much do you have invested ($$$) at this point, if you don't mind me asking, for the amount of work you have had done?

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also considering Suntek.

Id like to do the whole car as well. Does anyone have any up-close pictures of their cars where the Suntek is installed?

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please excuse the dirt & finger...tried to point out the film protection in some pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if a little blurry...I also had the front splitters wrapped as well...

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only see a slight line in one pic. Looks amazing! Thanks for the info and pics...I'll put you down as a referral Texas1 and maybe you can get hooked up in some way...

Justin

TBoDDS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas1-
How many pieces does Suntek's pattern use to be able cover the entire GTS hood? The reason why I ask is because for my SRT hood the X-Pel pattern was four pieces and was wondering if it was the same for Suntek, even though the difference in our hoods may be a factor as well.

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had 3 Vipers with clear bra and a number of other vehicles (including sportbikes) wrapped for protection. The Vipers were 04 Black Mamba, 08 Red with white stripe vert, and 09 white/black centerband/red drivers stripe. only issue was on the white car where , after a while, the rockers started to yellow from the heat. The installer replaced free, there was no issue after that. I ordered an extra set of rocker film at the time to keep on hand and found it in a sealed box in my garage last week end. Made me a bit sad as I sold the ACR a few years ago and miss that car!

An extra set of rockers might not be a bad idea as that area takes a beating from stones and debris on the road.

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas1-
How many pieces does Suntek's pattern use to be able cover the entire GTS hood? The reason why I ask is because for my SRT hood the X-Pel pattern was four pieces and was wondering if it was the same for Suntek, even though the difference in our hoods may be a factor as well.

3 pieces sir...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molgera