Best commercial of the Sperbowl!!!!!!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I heard roar of our engines I thought for sure they would have started the new viper up!! It was the perfect spot and set up for it. Also the commercial that followed starting with the Nurburing track had me thinking awesome a Viper commercial... But NOPE, fooled again :curse:

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was a great commercial for Chrysler, for the big three, for Detroit and for America. I believe the Viper was a great catalyst to turn Chrysler around in 1992 and the Gen V will leave it's mark on a new Chrysler and America.

Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I heard roar of our engines I thought for sure they would have started the new viper up!! It was the perfect spot and set up for it. Also the commercial that followed starting with the Nurburing track had me thinking awesome a Viper commercial... But NOPE, fooled again :curse:
Now that really would have been an awesome advert.....Just the engine noise as a tease :1up:

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought overall, this Super Bowl had the absolute worst commercials ever.

But ..... the one with Clint Eastwood "Rocked". Now I hope sometime after the "Cat is out of the Bag" in April, SRT will bring him back to do one in the all new Viper.

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought overall, this Super Bowl had the absolute worst commercials ever.

But ..... the one with Clint Eastwood "Rocked". Now I hope sometime after the "Cat is out of the Bag" in April, SRT will bring him back to do one in the all new Viper.

nice ,..Clint and Viper

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Eminem one last year was better IMO

I think its corny to take advantage of the recession for advertising purposes Unless you are offering ways for people to Save money.
If anything this commercial should have reminded people that in "tough times" purchasing a new car is typically not a good financial decision.

We're talking about a brand that is more premium than others and has one of the higher fleet average MPG. If anything, when your coming out of tough times you should be looking at a more value oriented efficient vehicle.

It honestly reminded me of Obama in the latest stateoftheunion speach saying "WE'RE BACK!!"

.....Really:dunno:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I liked the NSX commercial the best and thought the FerrisBueller HondaCRX ad was a waste of what could have been a great commercial for a Diff car:)

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah this Clint Eastwood ad was awesome. It gave me chills half way thru it, and like others... Thought it was a perfect setup to hear the new viper engine. And yeah, the nurburgring commercial after was just a big tease.

As far as funny, I think Doritos did it this year. The one with the dog and then the one with the baby were really good.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched the commercial on You Tube. What I found interesting were the comments. The two major themes in the comments were: left against the right, and how crappy Chysler cars are.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the comments on the Youtube version of the commercial and was stunned that it was politicial instantly; not about Chrysler talking about recovery and forging forward with better cars and gaining market share against global competitors.

As far as the far left policitcal comments, I couldn't discern if it was some of the occupy movement or some of the "suckle on the teet of Obama" supporters....doesn't matter anyway.

I thought the Fiat abarth commercial was by far the funniest!! (and #2 in my ranking)

You are correct Dom, buying a new car isn't exactly the best way to appropriate finances coming out of a recession.

Regards,
Aaron

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The political innuendo is what is driving alot of Americans nuts. The Senate and the House don't understand the word compromise and now everything that comes out has to be viewed with an ulterior motive. Like alot of folks here I viewed it as an advertisement saying that Detroit, the American people, etc. have been down , but we are coming back , don't ever think to count us out. The halftime analogy was 100% sports related in my mind, it just re-enforced the tenacity and competitiveness of our Country/workers and watch out because the second half is about to begin -- in other words the US is a force to be reckoned with again.

Funny but about everyone I talked to didn't even see any political implications in the ad, just some political *** stirrers out there trying to make something out of reading between the lines.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clint's a great American ! I think his point was that we need to get back to what has worked for us in the past for 2+ centuries. The division he refers to comes from a move to fundamentally transform the playbook. That is the decision before us.

Moodie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought it was the best ad for impact
but the funniest ad was the Fiat or the Doritos with the dog? IMO

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with V10enomous. I lived in Detroit for years. The city has tough gritty folks that don't *****, just fight back. That's what this whole country must do as opposed to those folks that say someone else has to solve their problems. --Dave

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Great ad about Detroit which was shot mainly in Florida and La., about a bailed out company now owned by the Italians. Only in America.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clint Eastwood has now been made to defend that the ad was not a pro-Bailout pro-Obama second term ad.

1st Strike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This commercial made me want to work even harder. Lets get every body working. Team work is what it's all about. GREAT JOB CHRYSLER!!!!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fiat and Doritos ads were funny, but they had nothing on the M&Ms commercial! "I"m **** and I know it" :lmao:

Canuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Genius marketing.

Drop a few mil on the ad time, but get free replays all the next day on the 24 hour news networks as the political spin people examine it.
An ad that gets people talking the next day in this day and age is impressive.

Plus it is just a great ad, cars are a unique item in our culture in that so much of it isn't product oriented, it is about supporting an image or team. Clint doing a fighter type motivational speech is the best fit possible, his narration inflection style is better than Morgan Freeman's on some other non-car subject.

Nice to see that the 'Imported From Detroit' expanded to rest of product line and Jeeps and Chargers appearing in the ad, though I agree with gbatejan that unfortunate to leave out Viper and SRT this year (hopefully next superbowl?), since hand-built Vipers in the Viper Pit in Detroit by skilled tradespeople and engineers is the archetype of a car built with local employment. Plus Viper fits with the 'how to win' message from Clint, with Viper kicking the ass of the world at the benchmark times around the ring.

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Great ad about Detroit which was shot mainly in Florida and La., about a bailed out company now owned by the Italians. Only in America.

Could not have said it better myself. :2tu:

It's kinda sad how the ad is now being used by "both sides" to justify their position...even in this thread!

Does anyone know how much Clint was paid for the ad?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The commercial was talked about on the national news last night. They had god things to say about it.

Bruce

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's kinda sad how the ad is now being used by "both sides" to justify their position...even in this thread!

The fact that "both sides" see it as favorable and/or unfavorable actually speaks to how apolitical or bipartisan the message can be perceived. If you look at my comments above they reflect that there is a choice and not a conclusion. If nothing else it brings some attention to the fact that we are in a heap of S*** to the folks that watch nothing but games or Sports Center 99% of the time.

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
People will use any topic imaginable to argue politics. Probably 90% of the articles featured on Yahoo end up turning into political wars in the comments section. All anyone does any more is whine and bicker about how much their life ***** because of a lack of income.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets