Best place for Cotton Detailing towels?

Greg W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto the towels from Griot's Garage (online) Also Cannon (Fieldcrest) has a website with factory seconds, at less than 1/2 the price. White, 100% cotton, very quick delivery. Different sizes for different jobs. Website is :
http://www.fieldcrestcannonoutlet.com

Greg

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Royal Velvet Towels from JC Penney's. There is no better.
White only, and make sure that you cut the ends off and the seams around the towels, the stitching will give you swirl scratches. Also cut the 2inch stitched pieces off both ends too. Use the small pieces for detailing jobs.

Dave

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might I suggest trying them in an inconspicuous place first so as to make sure they will not scratch.

I purchased the Zaino recommended Cannon Fieldcrest towels, cut the ends off and all, and they still left fine scratches which I now have to clear up.

I'm going to give Groit's a call. I've seen some of their stuff. Hopefully their towels will be better.

If you get a chance, post a response here with you findings on the Royal Velvet towels. I'd be willing to give those a try too it indeed they do not leave fine scratches.

Matt

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Justyn,

Just a note for you about your Viper. Unless you have the most extensive mods list in history, your Viper would be a rear wheel car. Hense most of us Viper owners quote Rear Wheel HP (rwhp) rather than fwhp...

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wax my car about once a year. I use the Mopar liquid wax - it's a ***** to put on, but it's there for the duration. I've been washing my Vipers for nearly 8 years now, and it's not that fun anymore. California Car Dusters and Evolution 3 car covers are definitely on the "must have" list.

Just my personal opinion...

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Bad, The leaf blower is no joke and works great. Maybe the blowers were banned in L.A. because of the pollution from the gas driven ones, or maybe because of the noise (or both). Mine is the 210 mph Toro electric which does not pollute (except at the generating plant) and isn't too noisy (I don't use it too early or late for my neighbors sake).
cool.gif

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After blowing off the excess water, I plan to hook up the 200mph leaf blower to my throttle bodies for forced induction. How much extra hp should I expect. ;>}

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire