"Big Boy" racing seats???

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"Big Boy\" racing seats???

I recently purchased a Corbeau racing seat for track events. Well after putting it together and installing it into the Viper I found out my 265 lbs. fat a$$ would not fit. I ended up flipping it over to that skinny azzed SSpeed Racer. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced racing seat for "Big Boys"?

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"Big Boy\" racing seats???

Howabout a shower stall cut in half?
supergrin.gif

MM

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have a club member that bought a seat like you are looking for - we'll be at VIR next week - he got it at the VIR Pro Shop - it was reasonable priced and generously sized. We'll check it out for you.

S

SUN RA KAT

You're not too fat - you're too short!

I'm 6'5" and 335 pounds.

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe you just need more lube?

laugh.gif
sorry, couldn't resist!
laugh.gif

I'm one of those "skinny azzes" and my sparco 2K is actually roomy. I know you can order sparco seats by width, so I'd imagine you can order other makes by width as well.

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark Young:
Maybe you just need more lube?

laugh.gif
sorry, couldn't resist!
laugh.gif

I'm one of those "skinny azzes" and my sparco 2K is actually roomy. I know you can order sparco seats by width, so I'd imagine you can order other makes by width as well.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Mark, a lube joke???

SUN RA KAT, now I know why you got that 2" lowering kit, BTW I'm 6'2".

Janni, thanks.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ha! im 5 ft 8 and 250.. but the worst part is most of my weight is in my big ole ravioli eating *** belly.. over the weekend i got lodged in the drivers seat of REDSLED's viper between the seat and the steering wheel.. i thought we were gonna need the jaws of life to get me out...

since then, ive decided i need to lose 70 pounds before i can buy a viper.. so that should be in about 20 years, which is perfect, because thats probably about when i will have enough money saved...
smile.gif

- eddie -

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

SoCal,

Try the Sparco Evo 2 (I also think they make an Evo 3). These are made for "larger" drivers. Sparco USA is just down the street from you.

Sparco Motor Sports Inc.
1852 Kaiser Ave.
Irvine, CA 92614
Tel. 800-224-RACE

Best regards,

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Check out Cobra seats (but they aren't as cheap as Corbeau's). There is a guy in Orange County (Huntington Beach) called Sube' Motorsport that carries them.

Good luck with the Weight Watchers...

Brad

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Work some of that off with your actresses!
wink.gif

COOLASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes I am also above avg. size and will be checking out the Sparco seats for my big but COOLASP. I've sat in a Sparco and not only did it feel better than stock but it gave me more leg room. Very important to us above avg. size people.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
Adelberg
MadMaxx
Snake Bitten
Brad
&
slaughterj

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D*mn, I thought my suggestion was at least useful
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:

I'm big boned.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to save that for the ladies...
laugh.gif

Roger Morgan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ron,
Try the Sparco-Evo2 that was suggested, AKA the big butt seat. They also have a Evo3 but I don't think it will fit in the car. The 2 will just fit and you will have to shave down the left wing of the seat to close the door. One of the hardest parts was to get the right angle where it should be. Also you need a extension thats about 2 feet long to reach the rear bolts. You can also get a seat bracket to be able to move it up and back. I got mine from Bobby Archer.
Roger
PS, works for me

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im sure most of the respondents mean well, but as another "Big Guy" (6'3", 270 lbs) I can tell you most of their suggestions are a waste of time. I recently went around to shops in the Bay Area and tried out about 2 dozen models from Recaro, Corbeau, Sparco, Momo, etc.. I only found 2 seats that fit: the Sparco Roadster and a custom aluminum seat from Frey Racing. Unfortunately, neither seat is available with FIA certification. I chose the Roadster because I actually prefer not having the tall sides with seatbelt holes, as it makes things much easier on the street, where I do the bulk of my driving.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21