Bikes or Vipes to Key Largo this Sunday!

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Members,

As our beautiful winter months come slowly to a close, we're trying to get in one last cool cruise to Key Largo this Sunday. We meet at Dave and Jessica Ivler's home in Coconut Grove at 2:30pm and take a nice Bike or Vipe Cruise to down to Lazy Days Restaurant (MM 79.9) and enjoy the view and food. This restaurant comes highly recommended from some good sources so why don't you all join us for a nice day run down south. Members Don and Eunice have graciously invited us over to their home also in Key Largo afterward for dessert. Check out the restaurant at their website: Lazy Days Restaurant - Islamorada - Florida Keys - Ocean Front Dining

Also, I am pleased to announce our next track day at Homestead will be Sunday, April 18, 2010. With your very special VCA discount, you can enjoy this track day for only $149.00 if you're in the Intermediate and Advanced groups. Novices pay $199.00 which INCLUDES an instructor. This is by far the best deal EVER on a track day at this amazing track so I hope to see many of you out there. As always, bring a helmet, and no open toe shoes. For more details please visit their website at: ERME: The Ultimate Motorsports Experience! : Equipe Rapide Motorsports Experience This is a one time only special VCA price to get you drivers out. If it's your first time, DO NOT WORRY. You will be in good hands and learn how to drive at YOUR pace.

Also, I wish to thank all of you who were able to attend the Top Gun Run Event at the airstrip. It was great to see so many of you out there racing in your Vipers other really neat cars. A big thanks to Hedrik H. in his Porsche Carrera GT, Mark B. in his Saleen S7, Jim G. in his Ford GT, Ron B. in his Viper, Don and Eunice in their DLM Viper and SSG Viper Coupe, Bob P. in his Jeep SC SRT-8, John M. in his 2002 GTS, Ray W. in his 2009 ZR1, Pat S. in his Viper, and Jose R. in his Ford GT. That day saw 4 new World Records, the most significant one being the World's 1st and Fastest Street car to go over 250 MPH in the Standing Mile. 252.97 MPH to be exact. For the video of this incredible run, go to www.topgunrun.com where you can see it, plus view all the race participants' standing mile results. It was great seeing so many of you out there for a really neat and fun day. A big thanks to those of you who came out to just watch too. The Standing Mile venue is becoming more popular as those of you who where there witnessed. It's not for the faint-hearted, but for the ones who are confident in their car, and have what it takes to accelerate as fast as you can go. Your car MAY be able to go over 150, but are you mentally able to do it? Hats off to the fastest lady in our club, Eunice Firth! She put down a 166 MPH in that beautiful 2009 SSG Viper SRT-10. With all her aerodynamics keeping that Viper planted on the track, I can tell you that she was pushing it to the absolute max!

A last bit of housekeeping news to all of you; we are approaching April. If you haven't renewed your VCA Membership, I hope you do so by the end of March. I would love to keep sending emails to all of you getting you out there and having fun at our special events with special prices, but if you haven't paid your dues, it's not fair to those who have. Unlike most other VCA regions where they pad the fees at events, we pad nothing. On the contrary, I'm always beating the price down so that the members can enjoy themselves, and feel as if their membership has brought them some advantage. Please take a moment today to call 800-998-1110 and renew your membership now if you haven't. Thank you!

As always, I'm open to anyone's suggestion on events and ideas. Members Dave Ivler and Blair Retchin are in the process of planning a real Trip of a Lifetime Part 2 as we plan on shipping our Vipers to Colorado, then taking the most picturesque roads in the west up to Salt Lake City to attend VOI 11. This, folks, is a trip NOT to miss.

I look forward to seeing you all very soon and as always, I sincerely appreciate your support for our local VCA.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235