BoneStock/Scared Off From Any Major Viper Mods

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bone Stock,

As a self employed professional, you certainly know you have to take what you hear with a grain of salt. The dissatisfied customers are always the most vocal (I could tell you a story about how 632 happy customers can't speak as loud as 1 unhappy one). The internet has become a place where people say and do things "online" that they wouldn't do in person and this discussion board has followed suit. You should not base your entire opinion on this. Go to some VCA meetings, check out some cars and the upgrades in person.

There are a lot of good parts and people in the Viper community. Most of us who are in it do so because we like the cars and the people. I think if you were serious about doing upgrades, whether it was for performance, durability or comfort, you would call the vendors and speak with them directly. If you've already done this and still feel like your going to get screwed, that's unfortunate.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bonestock,

dont blame you!!!
i just asked about exhaust systems and got all kinds of stories!!
both good and bad!!!
i am happy with what i have and will wait till next spring before i reconsider minor (read $4k, major to me) mods!
More than the money i dont think you want to deal with the headache or BS IF you do have any problems which you shouldn't have to begin with....

When i bought the car, Bill from Woodchuck.. advised me on mods that were inexpensive, done by the dealership, and have made more hp and better sound...

at minimum do the skipshift eliminator...

Again i think you made the right choice for now, wait till spring...give it more thought... cant hurt...
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BONE STOCK:
.....What I'm seeking is to do a major upgrade in one shot over the late fall/winter......
BoneStock
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

An upgrade to what end? Why don't you treat this like your looking for a builder for a house. Describe your objectives as specifically as possible in writing, your terms, and submit requests for proposals / bids on your project with the various shops. If the shops don't want the project, or thinks it's unreasonable, you'll see it in their response. As long as everybody is on the same page, there's good communication and the people doing the work are "A" grade profesionals, you should be fine.

Good Luck

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bone Stock, I am in your court! I have had a Viper for 8 years, and the only thing I have done is spend money on improving my driving. Not only has that made owning a Viper much more enjoyable, but it has dramatically improved my everyday driving. To me, that was the best money I could spend.

I do admit that I love to hear and see modified Viper's, but I would rather own a stock one, since that was the way the factory prepared it.

We may be the only two members, but so what!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude