Brake cooling

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone used the front foglight location as an air inlet point for air to be vented to the front discs. I know its a bit to far outboard a position to be ideal but with some nifty ducting it might make a neat installation. Its probably been done already, if so,are there any photos

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone makes the assumption that the foglight location would be a good choice for cold air inlet. However I haven't ever seen a successful modification. Most pull air from under the car.

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been done many times. You can see it on Dan Downs Viper Days race car and some of the World Challenge Vipers may still have this. A fiberglas specialty tube was used to help route the hose. My car was done this way at one time. I abandoned the idea. At 80 mph the hole goes dead. Air goes past it. You can still use the hole if you build some damns in front. Talk to Erik Messley.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd duct from either side of the fascia rad intake areas, especially if you have Sean Roes "bumper fascia cooling kit" that improves cooling and reduces lift and drag. Look at all the race cars they all intake cool air for the brakes from the fascia area above the center part of the splitters they fit. Take from either side of the rad, or below it. You can fit some deflectors too.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hot ticket is to use brake air deflectors from Porshe turbo. Small black plastic pieces which attach below A arms to push undercar air thru brakes. Inexpensive, easy to mount, and very effective...Lots of guys use them for track cars. Allow brakes to cool down on the straights so they are no longer heat soaked when entering the next corner.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to agree with Paul - its a very cheap and effective date.
If you over heat the rotors you will warp them - these deflectors solve the problem. I have them on my car.
Rich bontempi sells them - email me at [email protected] if you need his phone number
Gavin