Brakes - Going Lightweight - Gurus inside please

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running Stoptech 4 piston front and rear, w/ Stoptech two piece hats on all four corners. Not sure what the weight savings was over stock, but you can't beat the stopping power.

I have the same rotors, you saved 8 lbs for EACH rotor compared to stock:headbang:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might as well go all the way. So save up some money and go stoptech 4 wheel big brake. The 6 piston front are no better than the 4 per stoptech. More pistons,smaller pistons, reason for being is for those who need the "show" car look. No performance difference per stoptech. GTS Bruce

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good things come in small packages.

The 40mm calipers (incl. parking brake) weigh less than a BBK calipers + parking brake.
Cost is ~20% or about ~$3K less than other systems.
Hawaii is small, but good!
Fits under any wheel, even the spare.
Performance is same until you are super track rat like Leslie.
Have red brake covers - free with purchase!
Ask JonB and Chuck Tator what rear brakes they have on the Vipers they own.... ;)

I'd say call me, but you're -6 so please plan ahead!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent & valuable info Russ. Thank you very much.

Edit: Can't find the VR1's or VR1R's on the Forgeline site. The ZX3R's do look good as well. I'll call them about the weight.

Far as I know they have been discontinued, but without a doubt they make other wheels like that. The R's are a track version, they are more aggressive on the offset and a bit less weight.

Give them a call they can give you more details, very knowledgeable guys.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dont forget the new OZ-Racing Serpente wheel, 18x11, 18x13, ..BLACK. Link Below. 1pc, forged, Light...as VR1 was. Forgeline VR1 are indeed a discontinued wheel.....their comp wheels are light for 3pc, but not light vs 1pc.

http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro...-debut-black-track-wheels-2195-92-2010-a.html

The rotor below is a new Gen 1-2 Option, similiar to photo. 2 pc. Light, Directional vanes, Ralley-tested in AWD venues.....competitively priced with others mentioned.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dont forget the new OZ-Racing Serpente wheel, 18x11, 18x13, ..BLACK. Link Below. 1pc, forged, Light...as VR1 was. Forgeline VR1 are indeed a discontinued wheel.....their comp wheels are light for 3pc, but not light vs 1pc.

http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro...-debut-black-track-wheels-2195-92-2010-a.html

The rotor below is a new Gen 1-2 Option, similiar to photo. 2 pc. Light, Directional vanes, Ralley-tested in AWD venues.....competitively priced with others mentioned.

You must be registered for see images

Jon, what kind of price and weight reduction are we looking at with those rotors? I'll be calling you soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets