>>>> Brand New GenII Trans For Sale <<<<

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We have a brand new GenII transmission for sale.

It is still in the box and has never been installed.

Please let me know if any of you guys need one.

$3295 shipped.

shoot an email to [email protected]

or call me at the number below if you have any questions.

Thanks,
-Chris Jensen
800-884-0266
DC Performance

OP
OP
V

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
//Do you think it's because the price is SLIGHTLY over priced?//

how much should it cost then?

keep in mind that the freight shipping costs me $150 and is included in the price.

OP
OP
V

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think it's because the price is SLIGHTLY over priced?

there was a guy on here a few months ago that was selling his for 3k.

did you give him a hard time as well?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I wanted to buy something, I would look in the appropriate forum. THIS forum is is for the discussion of Gen 1 and 2 Vipers not the classified section.
I give you rule #6 :

Classified ad posts to the forums will be deleted. Non-Viper Commercial posts will be deleted with the exception of approved commercial posts by site sponsors. Please note that classified ads, in our classifieds area, are free to VCA members.
gawd, am i an ass! :bonker:

Reaction score
Yes...but there is no picture of women sticking their tongues oout! Hence...it can stay. :)

vprtech...I forgot the :) . Loosen up....or leave. You should have just moved along instead of complaining that "the other guy" didn't get a hard time.

You can for ASK whatever you want......

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris -

Let's see... a reputable tuner that practically ripped someone off for a tranny at the race track sold that tranny for 2650.

If you are asking what I think you should sell it for, the answer is 1800.

One more thing: I have shipped a tranny (in a mopar box) cross country. fed-ex ground is under $77. it weighs 140 lbs and that was ATL to Las Vegas.

But only since you asked...

JD

OP
OP
V

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris -

Let's see... a reputable tuner that practically ripped someone off for a tranny at the race track sold that tranny for 2650.

One more thing: I have shipped a tranny (in a mopar box) cross country. fed-ex ground is under $77. it weighs 140 lbs and that was ATL to Las Vegas.

JD

not trying to overcharge. just selling it for what it cost us.

Reaction score

So, that means I could sell my 97 GTS for the 53K I bought it for, plus the 3K for the wheels, the 8K for the blower...etc.....etc....etc....

Just giving you a hard time!! :) See the smiley------&gt; :)

OP
OP
V

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes...but there is no picture of women sticking their tongues oout! Hence...it can stay. :)

vprtech...I forgot the :) . Loosen up....or leave. You should have just moved along instead of complaining that "the other guy" didn't get a hard time.

You can for ASK whatever you want......

i know you've been around forever vipermad, but so has dan cragin's shop.

we have been advertisers on this board as well as site supporters for over 7 years.

next time i'll have dan cragin himself make the post so that i won't have to deal with all these potshots.

OP
OP
V

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So, that means I could sell my 97 GTS for the 53K I bought it for, plus the 3K for the wheels, the 8K for the blower...etc.....etc....etc....

Just giving you a hard time!! :) See the smiley------&gt; :)

this tranny HAS NOT been installed.

your rims and blower have been.

you could sell the wheels and roe blower for what they cost you if they were brand new in the box and had not been installed.

OP
OP
V

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris -

JD

have you priced one lately?

let me know who will give you one TODAY, RIGHT NOW for 1800.

nobody will give you one for 1800. they are on national backorder and not easily obtainable right now.

Reaction score
OK...OK....$1100!

LOL!!

Come on now Chris.....THESE "potshots" aren't THAT bad. Like I said...just giving you a hard time.

Again, you are more than welcome to ask what you want...I am sure it is worth every penny, good luck. :)

BTW...I'd give Dan a hard time too....just because. :)

Heck...look how it kept your thread near the top! :)

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a spare in the basement that has 4k on it that is just sitting there, waiting for my stocker to break. i sure as heck didn't pay 1800 for it.

Dan's a good guy. your adversiting technique, however, could use some work. try the classifieds.

JD

OP
OP
V

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK...OK....$1100!

LOL!!

Come on now Chris.....THESE "potshots" aren't THAT bad. Like I said...just giving you a hard time.

Again, you are more than welcome to ask what you want...I am sure it is worth every penny, good luck. :)

BTW...I'd give Dan a hard time too....just because. :)

Heck...look how it kept your thread near the top! :)

unfortunately it has only attracted mudslingers and *** stirrers.

dan is a great guy and nobody should give him a hard time 'just because'.

but the other guys here in the shop might deserve it. :D

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
come to think of it, there was this one time that I was going to buy an AEM. the "below my cost" price from y'all was 2800. since i knew dealer cost was 2200 and i could get it elsewhere for 2400, i did. but that damn viper tax was a drag.

maybe a local dealer can pipe up out here as to what a new tranny really goes for... and i don't mean "list" price. how about "dealer buy" price?

JD

OP
OP
V

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a spare in the basement that has 4k on it that is just sitting there, waiting for my stocker to break. i sure as heck didn't pay 1800 for it.

Dan's a good guy. your adversiting technique, however, could use some work. try the classifieds.

JD

dan is the greatest and has been supporting the viper community for the last decade.

he's forgotten more viper knowledge than many folks could ever hope to know about these cars!

btw, the tranny finally showed up in the classified ad section today.

how does your used trans have any relevance to an ad for a new one?

additionally, yours isn't even for sale so it makes no sense to even bring it up. if you bought it used, then that doesn't relate to my thread at all.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you want to know "price" and price is a function of stree price: what people are willing to pay and what the used market will tollerate.

I wish you luck selling your 3300 tranny. I hope that anyone who uses the SEARCH button in the future sees that they don't need to pay this price for one or they can have one rebuilt for much, much less.

thanks for using our RT10/GTS forum for your self-promotion!

JD

OP
OP
V

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
come to think of it, there was this one time that I was going to buy an AEM. the "below my cost" price from y'all was 2800. since i knew dealer cost was 2200 and i could get it elsewhere for 2400, i did. but that damn viper tax was a drag.

maybe a local dealer can pipe up out here as to what a new tranny really goes for... and i don't mean "list" price. how about "dealer buy" price?

JD

first you talk about used transmissions stored in basements. now you're talking about AEM quotes.....

you're trying to hijack this thread.

save the stories for another thread posted by someone else.

OP
OP
V

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you want to know "price" and price is a function of stree price: what people are willing to pay and what the used market will tollerate.

I wish you luck selling your 3300 tranny. I hope that anyone who uses the SEARCH button in the future sees that they don't need to pay this price for one or they can have one rebuilt for much, much less.

thanks for using our RT10/GTS forum for your self-promotion!

JD

we've helped hundreds of viper owners over the last 10 years.

i don't think it is wrong for me to post a hard to locate item that we have in the shop that is for sale.

i have personally witnessed dan giving out hundreds of hours of advice FREE of charge to people who call the DC Performance Tech Hotline.

dan always looks out for our customers and we give the most fair prices that we can.

btw, many folks would not want to have their trans rebuilt. depending on the damage done to the trans that the customer broke, a new one is the only option.

OP
OP
V

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JD

what the used market will tolerate????

the trans is new. not used! new in the box.....never installed.....

what don't you understand? (don't bother to respond to that. just think about it quietly.)

go bother somebody else and leave this thread for people who have legit questions.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price seems high but you know what they say, "you can always come down but you can't go up." I've given too much stuff away at a loss, so now I start high too and let them counter. Not that I'm in the biz.

Just for reference, I bought a rebuilt for $1500 almost two years ago. Now I have a spare to rebuild sometime.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least I can proudly say that due to people like you, I'm happy I never bought anything from DC performance. your true colors shine right through. And I'm glad that the rest of the viper world now knows.

recall it was you who asked what we thought it should sell for.

Take your viper tax and put it somewhere else! we have lots of reputable people around who don't need your name calling.

What I truly don't understand is why people like you come out of hibernation onto boards like this trying to hock your warez for top dollar and then get p*ssed when an educated consumer tells you that you are ripping off the rest of us.

why don't you quietly think about that as you stare at your transmission and wonder why no one will buy it.

:nana:

JD

what the used market will tolerate????

the trans is new. not used! new in the box.....never installed.....

what don't you understand? (don't bother to respond to that. just think about it quietly.)

go bother somebody else and leave this thread for people who have legit questions.

OP
OP
V

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
recall it was you who asked what we thought it should sell for.

you don't know what a new trans is worth. so your input was not needed.

guys like chuck have useful posts and comments. he also has a lot of viper track/mechancial experience. you do not.

sick of hearing about the "viper tax". we're breaking even on this. sorry we're not going to give it away.

take your bad attitude to another thread and leave this one to folks who need a replacement trans sent out to them.

Reaction score
Dude......you're digging a hole for Dan that just never needed to be dug.

Half you 30 posts are in THIS THREAD!

Your best course of action, as someone looking to make money off any Viper owner silly...I mean uneducated enough to spend THAT much money....is to lay low.

Now you're attracting the wrong kind of attention. :( Wrestle with pigs...get all muddy. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth